Using Virtual Service Catalog
Virtual Service Catalog provides a central repository for viewing and sharing virtual services. From a single dashboard, you can quickly locate the available services that are deployed to a VSE and accessible in any Enterprise Dashboard that is connected to Virtual Service Catalog.
This section contains the following pages that describe the functionality of Virtual Service Catalog:
For more information about installing Virtual Service Catalog, see Installing SV Service Catalog.
Start Virtual Service Catalog
Follow these steps:
- Start Virtual Service Catalog by doing one of the following:
- Double-click theVirtual Service Catalogdesktop icon.
- Launch thevscatalogexecutable from theInstall Directory/bin
- Start the Virtual Service Catalog UI by doing one of the following:
The Virtual Service Catalog login page opens.
- Double-click theVirtual Service Catalog UIdesktop icon.
- Enterhttps://localhost:51110/in a browser.If Virtual Service Catalog is not installed locally, substitute the host name forlocalhostin your browser.The browser will display a warning that the connection is not secure or that the certificate for the website is invalid. This connection is flagged because it is using a self-signed certificate. Proceed to the site.
- Enter your user name and password and clickLogin.The Home tab opens.
- From the Home tab:
- ClickView Virtual Servicesto open the Virtual Services tab and see a list of all available virtual services.For more information about viewing virtual services, see View Virtual Services.
- ClickManage Catalog Settingsto open theCatalog Settingstab. From this tab, clickDashboard Connection Managementto configure the Enterprise Dashboards to access, and clickList of Virtual Service Configurationto configure visible columns in the Virtual Service Catalog.For more information, see Configure Connection Settings.Access to the Connection tab requires administrator privileges.