The Masking Jobs page lists Data Masking Jobs that are Scheduled, Running, Complete or Failed. To find this page, click Data Masking from the left-hand navigation pane, then click Masking Jobs from the list that appears under Data Masking.
Masking Jobspage lists Data Masking Jobs that are Scheduled, Running, Complete or Failed. To find this page, click
Data Maskingfrom the left-hand navigation pane, then click
Masking Jobsfrom the list that appears under
Masking Jobs Table
The Masking Jobs table lists all current, future or past masking jobs. The page auto-updates to reflect the most recent status of jobs.
If you click on a job to highlight it, the Additional Information pane appears on the right of the screen, with live status messages about it. This includes:
- Task stateThe state of the masking job.
- DurationTime that the job has been running, or time for which it ran.
- ProgressStatus of number of rows masked, compared to total rows to mask.
- OutputResponse from the Data Masking Engine in the case of a failed job. This includes details of any parts of the job that FDM is unable to execute.If your job fails and you receive a response that FDM was unable to overwrite a primary or foreign key, this may be because of database constraints. You can download and run Database Constraints Scripts, to disable the constraint that prevents modification of primary key column values.
Cancel a masking job
Click the Stop button, at the right-hand end of the job's row in the table, to cancel the job.
CA TDM starts an instance of Fast Data Masker for each schema in your masking job, up to the maximum you define (see
Tipbelow and example of Threads in CA TDM Portal).
When you cancel a masking job, CA TDM allows all instances of FDM that are in progress to complete to avoid database inconsistencies, but no new instances of FDM start. Schemas that are allowed to complete masking after you click Cancel, and schemas that do not start masking, are listed on the
Outputpane for the job that you cancel.
The TDM Portal audit log and masking log provide details of masking jobs that do not complete.
- By default, the portal log file is located atC:\ProgramData\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\logs. See Manage Portal Log Files for details on how to change the location of log files.
- The audit log is a table within gtrep (gtrep.gtrep_audit).
Download an audit report for a masking job
When an audit log ends (either it completes masking, or you cancel it), the
Cancelicon changes to a
Downloadicon. Click this icon to download a ZIP file that contains the following:
- config.txtfileMasking configuration for the job
- audit.csvfileA table in comma-separated value format, that contains a summary of which columns CA TDM masked, and with which masking functions.
- Detailed audit file (name format "<Connection Profile>_<Server Name>.csv")A table in comma-separated value format, that contains a summary of the values CA TDM masked, and from which table each value came.
Delete pre-masked samples
If you enabled 'Show pre-masked samples in the audit report' on the Masking Settingspage, you can delete these samples from the gtrep repository. Click the
Deletebutton from the
Additional Informationpane to delete samples.