CA TDM includes predefined rules, that you can apply to the data masking process. To specify and customise these rules, click
Data Maskingin the navigation pane, then click
Change settings on this page
The table on this page has three columns:
- OptionName of the rule that you can apply to the data masking process.
- DescriptionA description of the rule.
- ValueThe value (parameter) that the rule uses when it applies to the data masking process.If you enter a value that is not compatible with that Option, a warning appears to inform you of the correct format.
Before you enter any values in the
Valuecolumn is empty. This indicates that this rule will not apply to the masking job, or the default value will apply.
When you have the Masking Settings how you want them, click
Start Maskingpage opens.
Additional settings in application.properties
In addition to the settings you can change on the Masking Settings page, there are other parameters that apply to masking in the
application.propertiesfile (in a default installation, this is at
C:\Program Files\CA\CA Test Data Manager Portal\conf).
- tdmweb.TDMMaskingService.pool.size=4Defines the maximum number of instances of FDM that Portal initiates. Default: 4.
- tdmweb.TDMMaskingService.tableTaskRowThreshold=1000000Defines the maximum number of rows to assign to an instance of the FDM Masking engine. Default: 1000000.