The TDM Portal modernizes and simplifies tasks that previously required Datamaker, Fast Data Masker and Test Data on Demand. For a guide to your first experience with TDM Portal, see .
The TDM Portal modernizes and simplifies tasks that previously required Datamaker, Fast Data Masker and Test Data on Demand. For a guide to your first experience with TDM Portal, see Getting Started with TDM Portal.
TDM Portal functionality is also available as a Docker container, which you can use in Linux. For more information, see Using TDM Portal in Linux.
From TDM 4.8, License management and repository maintenance does not require Datamaker. For this reason, you can use TDM Portal without the Windows components (i.e. the components that
The TDM Portal delivers the following features:
- Mask Data in TDM PortalAs a Test Data Engineer, you can mask data in the TDM Portal with the Fast Data Masker engine.
- Horizontally Scalable Masking with DockerFrom TDM 4.8, You can use the new Masking and Messaging Docker containers, to scale your masking jobs. For more information, see Scalable masking with Docker.
- AdministrationYou can create and manage projects, and various configurations (for example, email server and integration configurations).
- Tester Self ServiceTesters can request and reserve test data. This was previously done with Test Data on Demand (TDoD).
- Data ModelingYou can perform tasks on files that you previously performed using the CA TDM Shredder utility, including file registration, import of file data into a relational database, and export of data back into files or to a virtual service. You can also register relational database tables and perform data manipulation operations on the relational data. For more information, see Create a Data Model and Audit PII Data.The CA TDM Shredder utility is deprecated and is no longer available in CA Test Data Manager. The same functionality of preparing test data using non-relational sources—XML, XSD, JSON, WSDL, RR pair—is now available in the CA TDM Portal. Moving forward, use the CA TDM Portal for all XML, XSD, JSON, WSDL, and RR pair file registration and data generation needs.
- Data GenerationYou can generate smaller, richer, and more sophisticated sets of test data that you previously generated using Datamaker. The CA TDM Portal includes a new publish engine that provides faster publishing times. For more information, see Generate Synthetic Test Data.
- Virtual Test Data ManagementvTDM enables you to rapidly create and access lightweight copies of test data sets. Testers reserve individual copies of test data through a simple self-service interface without locking the data for their colleagues. Using vTDM minimizes test duration, storage requirements, compute overhead, and therefore, overall costs. For more information, see Virtual Test Data Management (vTDM).
- TDMServiceTDM Portal includes a service that exposes test data functionality to other applications, such as Agile Requirements Designer. TDMService replaces the legacy GTService and TDoD service. Connect the integration to port 8080 (http://your_tdm_server:8080/TDMService) or 8443 (https://your_tdm_server:8443/TDMService), or a custom port configured by the administrator.