Includes steps to acquire, install, deploy and configure your product.
This section describes how to install
Test Data Manager.
The product consists of the following high-level components:
- CA TDM PortalThe CA TDM Portal provides a web interface for many product capabilities, including TDMService. It is available in the following configurations:
FromTest Data Manager4.8, the TDM Portal service installs thegtreprepository tables (if they are not present) or updatesgtrep(if it is from a previous version) when you start the service. You still need to create the gtrep repository and user before you can install TDM Portal.
- A Windows applicationFor more information, see Install TDM Portal for Windows.
- An application that runs inside a network of Docker containersBenefits of TDM Portal in Docker include:
- Simplified deployment, configuration and execution of applications within CA TDM.
- Scalability. See Scalable masking with Docker.
- Easier implementation of disaster recovery procedures, due to the fact that its state persists in volumes independent of the Docker container. For more information, see Install TDM Portal for Docker.
- RepositoryA database (calledgtrep) thatTest Data Manageruses to store product data. Use the database management tools or the database installer (ca-tdm-db-installer.exe) to install this repository.For more information, see Install the Repository.
- GT ServerContainer for the primaryTest Data Managercomponents. Use the GT Server installer to install these components.For more information, see Install Product Components.FromTest Data Manager4.8, Datamaker does not update the gtrep repository. It is therefore necessary to install TDM Portal, or to use the database installer (ca-tdm-db-installer.exe) to update gtrep.
These components arenot availableas Docker containers.
- DatamakerThe primary interface ofTest Data Managerthat provides a core project and data management interface and several core capabilities, including:
- Data Discovery
- Data Subset
- Data Profiling
- Data Generation
- Data Reservation
- Fast Data MaskerProvides an interface for masking sensitive production data so that you can use it for testing.
- JavelinJavelin is a workflow engine.
- Remote PublishThe Remote Publish engine handles remote publish jobs instrumented from outside the Datamaker UI. This component is required for many capabilities, including data reservation.
- Group Job ExecutorGroup Job Executor handles the requests submitted by the testers for data modelling, publishing, testmatching, etc., in batch mode.
- Test Data VisualizerProvides a customizable graphical representation of your test data coverage. Use this component to find gaps in your coverage that you can fill using data generation and other capabilities.
- GT EDIProvides an interface for importing and exporting EDI files so that you can work with the data using components like Datamaker and Fast Data Masker.
- GTServiceProvides an integration point to expose test data services to other applications, such as ARD. This legacy service has been replaced by TDMService. Default port:http://your_tdm_server:8090/GTService
- HP ALM ServiceProvides an integration point for HP ALM.
- ALM Batch ServiceProvides integration point for HPALM in batch mode.
- GTRallyBatchProvides integration point for CA Agile Central in batch mode.
- Test Data on Demand (TDoD)Deprecated service. Use the tester self-service capabilities provided by the CA TDM Portal instead.
- Portus Job ProcessorDeprecated. Use the file shredding capabilities provided by the CA TDM Portal instead.
- MainframeThe product mainframe component. To work with mainframe data, use the mainframe integration artifacts to install the mainframe component.For more information, see Mainframe Installation and Upgrade.