TDM Portal Oracle Database Container
If you are not able to provide an Oracle database in which TDM Portal in Docker can create the gtrep repository, you can run a Docker container to provide this service on your TDM Portal Docker network. This Oracle database includes a user called gtrep.
If you are not able to provide an Oracle database in which TDM Portal in Docker can create the
gtreprepository, you can run a Docker container to provide this service on your TDM Portal Docker network. This Oracle database includes a user called
The TDM Portal Oracle database container is for demo purposes only. For production use, the container would require further configuration from your database administrator.
The Docker image to create this container is
notavailable with the Image Kit - you must build this image yourself.
To build an Oracle database Docker image, you need to download the official Oracle Database image kit from Oracle. Please review Oracle's License Agreement before you use this software.
Steps to create Oracle Database Docker image
To build a Docker image, from which you can start an Oracle Database container, it is necessary to:
Download, modify and build the official Oracle Database package
The Dockerfile that creates a TDM Portal Oracle Database container, requires a slightly modified version of
Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (22.214.171.124) Express Editionin order to build.
Follow these steps:
- DownloadOracle Database 11g Release 2 (126.96.36.199) Express Edition.You can download this package from https://github.com/oracle/docker-images/tree/master/OracleDatabase/SingleInstance.
- In the Dockerfile from this package(188.8.131.52/Dockerfile.xe), remove or comment out the following line:VOLUME ["$ORACLE_BASE/oradata"]
- Build the imageoracle/database:184.108.40.206-xe, with the following command:./buildDockerImage.sh -v 220.127.116.11 -x
You are now ready to build the TDM Portal Oracle Database Docker image.
Download and build the TDM Portal Oracle Database Docker image
After you complete the procedure above, you can build the TDM Portal Oracle Database image.
Follow these steps:
- Download the TDM Oracle Database Dockerfile (officialoracle-gtrep) from support.ca.com.
- Build the imagetdm/officialoracle-gtrep:18.104.22.168-xe. You can do this one of two ways:
- Build the TDM Portal Oracle Database Docker image with the followingdocker buildcommand:docker build . -t tdm/officialoracle-gtrep:22.214.171.124-xe -f Dockerfile.gtrep --no-cache --build-arg dbUserPassword='Gridt00ls' --shm-size='1GB'Optional build argument:
Thedocker buildcommand may take some time.
- dbUserPasswordPassword for the usergtrep, that the command creates. Default: 'Gridt00ls'.
The TDM Portal Oracle Database image is now ready to use to create an Oracle Database container on your TDM Docker network.
Start the Oracle database container
To add the TDM Portal Oracle database container
officialoracle-gtrepto your Docker network, you can either: