With Docker, you can:
With Docker, you can:
- Create Docker containers from Docker images.
- Build Docker images from Dockerfiles and source files.
In both cases, we recommend that you synchronize these commands with a
docker-compose.ymlfile. You can use the
docker-compose upcommand to start one or more docker-compose.yml files; all the services (i.e. containers) you start with the
docker-compose upcommand exist on the same Docker network, which means that they can communicate with each other. Docker services identify themselves by their
How to use docker-compose files
To execute a docker-compose.yml file, use a
docker-compose upcommand similar to this one:
docker-compose -fdocker-compose.yml-fdocker-compose-messaging.yml-fdocker-compose-masking.ymlup -d [--scalemasking=3]
- -fEach-fflagdocker-composecommand adds services from each docker-compose.yml file to your Docker network.The command adds or reconfigures services in the order in which you supply docker-compose.yml files to the command.For example, If you define a service (e.g. TDMWeb) indocker-compose.yml, and then define it again indocker-compose-ora.yml, the second set of parameters overwrites the first set.
- (Optional)--scalemasking=nThis createsnnumber of instances of the servicemasking(i.e. the Scalable masking with Docker.
The example above starts a Docker network with the following services:
- OrientDB (fromdocker-compose.yml)
- TDMWeb (fromdocker-compose.yml)
- Message Bus Server (fromdocker-compose-messaging.yml)
- 3 Masking Engines (fromdocker-compose-masking.yml,--scale masking=3)
Customize the docker-compose.yml files you need, to reflect your configuration (for example, parameters of your
Tip: See the
README-BUILD.mdfiles for details on how to combine these docker-compose.yml files for different use cases.
Name of the Docker network
To start other Docker containers on your Docker network, either TDM Portal REST ActionService container) or with re-execution of the
docker compose upcommand, the
--networkparameter must match the name of your Docker network's name.
In all the docker-compose*.yml files we provide, the network name is.
To change the name of the Docker network you create with your docker-compose.yml file, amend the
nameparameter in the
networkssection of each docker-compose.yml file you call in your
Available docker-compose files
TDM Portal's functionality in Docker is available in the following docker-compose*.yml files, available from http://casupport.broadcom.com:
- Files available tostart services from images:
- docker-compose-ora.ymlThis starts the Oracle database service.It is necessary to build this container yourself before you can usethe docker-compose-ora.ymlfile. It is intended for Advanced users and should not be used in a production environment.
- Files available tobuild images:
For more information, see Docker-compose Files to Build Images.
- docker-compose-build-ora.ymlThis builds the same images asdocker-compose-build.ymlabove, and in addition images to create: