Create Data Generator
CA TDM Portal lets you create Data Generators for the projects created in CA TDM Portal (recommended) or Datamaker. The Data Generator includes the functionality to create data generation rules and publish synthetic data.
CA TDM Portal lets you create Data Generators for the projects created in CA TDM Portal (recommended) or Datamaker. The Data Generator includes the functionality to create data generation rules and publish synthetic data. You can copy generators, but only within the same project version.
If you want to create Data Generators for the projects created in Datamaker, ensure that the respective projects are configured with the default project levels. For example, Data Group, Data Set, Data Pool.
Generators require registered objects to generate data for in the project version that you associate with the generator. Before creating a generator, register file objects and create derived tables from them.
Follow these steps:
- Select an appropriate project and its corresponding version from theProjectdrop-down list in the top blue bar.This selection sets the required project and version context for all the related operations that you perform in the Portal.
- Click theGeneratorsoptions in the left pane.TheData Generatorspage opens.
- ClickNew Generator.TheCreate New Generatorpage opens.
- Specify the following and clickSave.
Use the Refresh button to reload the page with an updated list.Use the Search feature to find a specific Data Generator from the list. The text you enter to search, yields the full and partial matches with the data generator name and data generator description.You can see the Delete Generator icon against each Generator Name. Click the Delete Generator icon to delete the generator.
- NameSpecifies the data generator name.Note:Ensure that you do not use spaces or slashes (/) in your generator name.
- DescriptionSpecifies a brief description of the data generator.
Note:For more information about creating variables at a generator level, see Create and Manage Variables.