Installing the Remote Agent
The second step is to install the Remote Agent by running the
After defining the Remote Agent in
Applications Manager, the next step is to install the Remote Agent by running the
CDINST.SHscript on the remote host.
In the event an Agent makes a database connection directly (i.e. OAE Agent, Banner Agent, or any direct database connection), you need to copy the
ojdbc6.jarfile to the
$AW_HOME/web/classesdirectory of the Agent. You can get that file from your
ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/directory or the Oracle website.
Run the Install Script
On the host where you want to install the Agent, run
CDINST.SHfrom a staging directory. The installation script creates the required directories and moves the programs into the proper directories.
During the installation process,
Applications Managerdisplays default values in brackets [ ]. The values will be different for each system. You can accept the default values by pressing the Enter key at the prompt, or override the default values by typing in a response and pressing the Enter key.
To install an
Applications ManagerUNIX Remote Agent:
- Log into theApplications ManagerUNIX account on the remote host, and if necessary, change to the directory where you want theApplications ManagerRemote Agent installed.You must be logged into theApplications ManagerUNIX account and be in theApplications Managerdirectory for the installation procedure to work correctly. Moving the files after the installation is complete requires some effort. It is best to install into the correct directory in the first place.If you transferred files to a staging directory, verify that all theApplications Managerfiles are owned by theApplications ManagerUNIX login and group. If they are not, the installation will fail. Use thechownandchgrpcommands to modify the ownership if necessary.
- From the directory in which you want the Agent installed, runCDINST.SHon the host.Be sure to set permissions for theCDINST.SHfile.After completing the initial install, you can runagentinstalland bypasscdinstby typing:sh agentinstallTheagentinstallprogram can be used to modify the current agent-related parameters for theApplications Managerinstallation.
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
- After completing the installation script, enter the command as shown below to establish the proper environment, or log out of UNIX and back in.. .profileThe following lines have been added to$AW_HOME/.profileduring the installation process:AW_HOME=/apps/appworx_a;export AW_HOME . /apps/appworx_a/site/sositeAssignApplications ManagerEnvironment Variables insosite, not in.profile.
- Start theApplications Managerprocesses using thestartsocommand on the Remote Agent.
Verifying the Installation
After you complete the installation, start the
Applications Managernetwork listener, obtain the authorization key, and start the
Applications ManagerAutomation Engine and Agent processes/services, you should verify that the
Applications ManagerRemote Agent is installed correctly and ready to start processing tasks. A good test is to run an
Applications ManagerJob, such as TEST_JOB on the Remote Agent and view its output files.
For detailed instructions on running the TEST_JOB, see Verifying the Installation.
You have verified the Remote Agent. This is the last step in the installation procedure