Pre-Installation Checklist - AutoSys/CA7
- Determine sizing forenvironment.You will need to appropriate sizing for theAutomic Automation Intelligenceenvironment. It is recommended to use the Sizing Worksheet. Fill in the following fields:
A summary of values will be returned to provide configuration
- Total number of jobs in all scheduler Instances
- Total number of scheduler Instances
- Number of Days of History Retention
- Percentage of job count growth per year (example 10%)
The sizing information provided applies to environments with less than 250,000 jobs. For larger installations, please contact Broadcom and a Client Services Consultant can assist with configuring.
- CPU Cores
- Disk Space
- Database sizing
- Determine hostname, port and database name, user id and password for theAutomic Automation Intelligencedatabase.
- Create a read-only ID for the AutoSys database(s) thatAutomic Automation Intelligencewill use to query AutoSys.For Oracle, ensure read-only ID has synonyms set up on the AutoSys database so that non-dbo queries do not requiredbo.tablename
- Create a non-clustered, non-unique index on theevent_time_gmtcolumn in theeventorproc_eventtable on any AutoSys databases that will be accessed byAutomic Automation Intelligence.
- Ensure Java SDK 1.8 is installed on theAutomic Automation Intelligenceapplication server and configure the JAVA_HOME environment variable.Please note that a full JDK needs to be installed. A JRE installation is not sufficient.
- For Linux/Unix, ensure that X11 Server is installed on the host machine. TheAutomic Automation IntelligenceInstaller,Configuration Tool, and,Upgraderall require a graphical environment.X client can be exported to a remote machine (PC or workstation) by setting the display environment.
- Oracle or SQL Server needs to be running on the host where theAutomic Automation Intelligencedatabase will reside. It is not recommended that it be the same server that runs the AutoSys/CA7 instance. You will need administrator access to the database, or be in contact with someone who does.
- Based on the sizing requirements for yourAutomic Automation Intelligencedatabase, ensure your DBA has set up theAutomic Automation Intelligencedatabase partition and you’re ready to run the SQL generated from theAutomic Automation Intelligenceinstallation process. This SQL will be used to create theAutomic Automation Intelligencedatabase.
- Determine the format of your AutoSys archive files (i.e., MM.DD.YY).
- Determine if you will set up your SNMP host. If yes, you’ll need the SNMP hostname, port and com- munity.