YEXCOVR (Execute with preprocessor) Command
The YEXCOVR command executes a user-specified command that invokes the Toolkit compile preprocessor program. The preprocessor processes preprocessor directives held in a source member. The source lines are identified with Z*, Y*, T*, X* or P*.
The YEXCOVR command executes a user-specified command that invokes the
CA 2EToolkit compile preprocessor program. The preprocessor processes preprocessor directives held in a source member. The source lines are identified with Z*, Y*, T*, X* or P*.
There are two parameters you can use to specify the request to be executed: CMD and RQSDTA. Each parameter allows the request to be specified, so they are mutually exclusive. Alternatively, a source member that contains preprocessor directives can be specified in the SRCFILE and SRCMBR parameters.
The following are parameters for the YEXCOVR command.
- CMDThe command to be executed. This parameter is a *CMDSTR, allowing the command to be prompted and validated before execution.
- RQSDTAThis parameter allows the command to be entered as a string. The details of the request will not be validated until run time.
- *CMDUse the command specified in the CMD parameter.This is the default.
- *SRCMBRProcesses the preprocessor directives in the source member specified in the SRCFILE and SRCMBR parameters.
- request-dataProcesses the specified data.
- SRCFILESpecifies the name of the source file that contains the source member to be processed and the library where the source file is stored.This parameter is ignored unless RQSDTA(*SRCMBR) is specified.Possible library values are:
- *LIBLThe system searches the library list to find the library where the source file is stored. This is the default.
- *CURLIBThe current library is used to find the source file. If you have not specified a current library, QGPL is used.
- library-nameEnter the name of the library where the source file is stored.
- SRCMBRSpecifies the name of the member in the source file that contains the preprocessor directives to be processed.This parameter is ignored unless RQSDTA(*SRCMBR) is specified.
The YEXCOVR command is used to ensure that any Toolkit preprocessor directives (Z*, Y*, T*, X* and P* source lines) stored in a source member are processed when the source member is compiled. All source members compiled from within a
CA 2Emodel automatically invoke the preprocessor, but unless you have changed your system to automatically invoke the preprocessor when compiling source members from PDM, it will not be invoked.
To set up your system to use the preprocessor, open the
CA 2EToolkit main menu by running the following command:
Take option 6 (Installation and Authorization) to display the CMDINZ menu, and then take option 7 (
CA 2EToolkit Compile Pre-processor). This will take you through the necessary steps to set up your system to automatically use the preprocessor.
To compile *PGM source member RPGPGM1 in source file QRPGLESRC in library DEVLIB:
YEXCOVR CMD(CRTBNDRPG PGM(RPGPGM1) SRCFILE(DEVLIB/QRPGLESRC))
If you configured your system to use the compile preprocessor automatically, you can use option 14 against the source member from the WRKMBRPDM screen.
To execute preprocessor directives stored in source member SRVPGM1 in source file QSRVSRC in library DEVLIB:
YEXCOVR RQSDTA(*SRCMBR) SRCFILE(DEVLIB/QSRVSRC) SRCMBR(SRVPGM1)