This article describes the CA Business Intelligence (CABI) Citrix dashboards.
Dashboard Specific Requirements
The following requirements exist:
- The xendesktop?probe version 4.20 or later must be installed and configured.
- CABI Probe version: cabi version 3.20 (Pre-release) or later
- CABI Packages: ump_cabi portlet version 3.20 and uim_core_dashboards_pack version 2.40
- Monitoring Technology Dashboard Package: uim_citrix_dashboards_pack version 1.0.0
- View the complete list of package dependencies for Citrix Dashboards.
- The Factory Template must be enabled in the xendesktop probe to populate the dashboard with data. The easiest way to enable the metrics is to configure the probe with a template. This default template for the Citrix probe contains all the required metric settings.
Manually Update Dashboards Menu Using LAR Files for Citrix XenDesktop Dashboards
The Liferay Archive (LAR) files that generate the Unified Dashboard menu items in UMP are not updated during installation. This preserves any customizations that you have made to your LAR files. Use this procedure to manually update the Unified Dashboards menu for a user or a user group to create and update the menu options for Citrix XenDesktop Dashboards.
Custom pages will not be available after you import the LAR file.
Follow these steps:
- Download the following LAR file to your local system.ca_business_intelligence_dashboards-8.51.lar
- Log in to UMP as an administrator.
- ClickGo to,Control Panelon the menu bar.
- ClickMy Pages, and then clickPrivate Pages.
- ClickImport, the Import panel appears.
- Select the LAR file and clickImport. You need not change any of the options.
- Expand the Unified Dashboards, CA Business Intelligence Dashboards, XenDesktop node in the Private Pages tree and verify that the list contains XenDesktop reports.
- Save your changes.
The Citrix XenDesktop dashboards appear in the Unified Dashboards, CA Business Intelligence menu for authorized users.
Add New or Update Predefined CABI Dashboard Content
New dashboards and reports are released periodically, either as part of a CA Business Intelligence for CA UIM release or as standalone dashboard packages for specific probes. These updated packages are
notautomatically applied by CA UIM. To update dashboards in an existing UMP implementation, you must download the packages from the CA UIM support site, and then deploy the packages. Periodically check either the CA UIM support site or Admin Console Web Archive and update your dashboards as appropriate.
For more information, see Add New or Update Predefined CA Business Intelligence Dashboard Content.
Citrix Summary Dashboard
The following table shows examples of the types of dashlets that appear in the Citrix Summary dashboard.
A report that provides a general summary panel for alarms that are associated with a dashboard.
A report to view alarm count by severity. The following actions are possible:
Delivery Groups by Alarms
A report that lists delivery groups by alarm count.
Click one of the links on this report to view more summary information for a specific delivery group or site.
Machine Catalogs by Alarms
A report that lists machine catalogs by alarm count. Click one of the links on this report to view more summary information for a specific machine catalog or site.
Sites by Alarm
A report that lists sites by alarm count. The report displays the trend of critical metrics for each site. Click one of the links on this report to view more summary information.
A report that displays the trend of critical metrics for each site. The following details are available:
A report that displays the details of the delivery group.
You can view the available desktops, open alarms, and top desktops by alarms.
A report that displays detailed information about a selected controller for a site.
You can view the following load indexes:
A report that displays detailed information about the selected machine catalog.
You can view the session count and load index for the top machines by alarms in the catalog.
A report that displays the details of applications and their status for the selected site.
A report that displays the details for each desktop.
You can view the following details:
A report that displays the session details for each desktop. Use this report to compare applications data and debug for performance.