An overview of features and basic use of the product.
CA Digital Operational Intelligence enables IT operations teams to make smarter, faster decisions for enhancing user experience and improving IT service quality and capacity through cross-domain contextual intelligence. Built on an open, powerful engine,
Digital Operational Intelligenceprovides users with comprehensive insights by ingesting and analyzing a diverse data set including metric, topology, text, and log data. The machine learning–driven analytics, along with out-of-the-box visualization and correlation, helps drive a superior user experience and deliver significant operational efficiencies.
This article includes the following topics:
The following table illustrates some of the goals and challenges that different types of users face:
Managers of IT Operations
IT, System, and Network Administrators
App Owners and Developers
Digital Operational IntelligenceCapabilities
Digital Operational Intelligenceprovides the following capabilities.
- Service AnalyticsUnify service health and availability across all management domains to provide a holistic view of key business or IT services. Operations managers and administrators can drill down to identify key components that are causing service disruption. Service Analytics provides the following information:
- Health of a service (availability and risk)
- Infrastructure and applications that are mapped to a service
- Impacted services
- Alarm AnalyticsProvides overview and insights into service and derived alarms from multiple data sources. By using Alarm Analytics, you gain the following benefits:
- Reduce alarm noise from multiple products
- Correlate alarms across products to identify the root cause
- View Probability bands to determine buildup to an alarm
- Fine-tuning alarm threshold by analyzing the historical pattern
- Performance AnalyticsEnables users to detect performance bottlenecks and anomalies to predict problems before they occur. Performance Analytics inDigital Operational Intelligenceallows you to:
- Compare multiple metrics for the same device
- Compare multiple metrics across multiple devices
- Compare uni-variate metrics across single and multiple devices
- Compare multivariate metrics across multiple devices
- Log AnalyticsAutomatically aggregates and normalizes log data from multiple sources and generates actionable dashboards. You can correlate infrastructure performance alarms with associated log events and get alarms that offer contextual event details, enabling fast, effective issue resolution. Log Analytics provides the following benefits:
- Out-of-the-box dashboards (blueprints) based on the collected data for supported log types and patterns.
- Near real-time and historical search on all your log data from one centralized location.
- Full text search on stored log files.
- Capacity AnalyticsHelps you manage your IT resources by ensuring that resources are sized correctly to meet current and future business needs. Capacity analytics allow companies to:
- Predict capacity for peak seasons
- Know when more resources are needed and plan accordingly
- Only buy more resources when necessary
- Efficiently manage virtual and physical infrastructure
- Eliminate waste by identifying areas that are underutilized
- Data StudioEnables you to perform advanced data analysis and visualize your data in various charts, tables, and maps. Data Studio also facilitates text searches across all of the data collected into the data lake.
- Self Service Dashboardsallows you to create, search, view, and interact with the data.
See Root Cause Analysis and Alarm Correlation to understand how some of these capabilities work together to help a company quickly identify the root cause of an issue that impacts the customer experience.
Digital Operational Intelligencecan integrate with other CA products to provide monitoring data to the solution.
Supported Data Sources
CA UIM can monitor and inventory your entire network using SNMP polling, agents, and remote monitoring.
CA Spectrum integrates automated fault management, fault isolation, proactive change management, and root cause analysis.
CA PM provides performance management for Communications Service Providers and large-scale enterprises.
CA Network Flow Analysis gives you an enterprise-wide view into the composition of traffic on every link and helps you detect threatening traffic patterns in the making.
CA Application Delivery Analysis passively monitors IPv4-based TCP packets traversing the network between clients and servers.
CA APM allows you to proactively detect, triage and diagnose performance problems in your complex enterprise environments.
Digital Operational Intelligencealso supports ingestion of the following types of data from your third-party monitoring products:
If you are using a third-party tool to monitor your IT environment, you can use the provided REST API to insert your data into Jarvis. Once inserted into Jarvis, your data is available in data lake. For more information, see Ingestion APIs.
Digital Operational IntelligenceTraining
For more information, including CA Education training and videos, see the
Digital Operational IntelligenceLearning Paths.