Contains reference material for the developers.
DX NetOpsdata can be classified as the data that are collected from the non-SNMP devices and the data that are processed by the
DX NetOpscomponents. These data are stored in corresponding XML files. Though you can manually access the files from the system where
DX NetOpsis installed, it is not recommended. So, the files are accessed through the Web-based UI to know the product status or to perform various operations.
API using REST over HTTP can be used only for
DX NetOpsfor CA Performance Management. This feature helps in sharing the data among applications and easily integrating with Network Management System [NMS].
You can use API for the following purposes:
- Read the list of all supported device packs
- Read the default configuration of device pack components
- Read the list of all installed components
- Read the data from installed components
- Installing components
- Upgrading components
- Start or Stop the components
Access API using REST over HTTP
The URL and the other information are as follows:
- If you are logged inDX NetOps, click the API hyperlink on the top-right corner.
- Follow the instructions in the home page.
DX NetOps2.5, only the GET method is supported for OpenAPI. The services that are provided through the GET method can also be accessed through a browser.
Follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the following address: http://<base URL>/<relative URL>base URL: http://<CAMM_HOST>:<WebServerPort>/tim-web/restrelative url: See the Supported Services for the list of relative URLs.
- Type the login credentials, which is same as that ofDX NetOpsWeb UI.Alternatively, to communicate with theDX NetOpsAPI, create the REST client application or use any tool that contains the REST client functionality.
The supported services and the corresponding relative URLs are as follows:
Get installed device packs
Get supported device packs
Get all discovered devices by one device pack
Get performance poll data of one device packs within this range