DX NetOps Performance Management.
DX NetOps Performance Managementis a distributed application that includes multiple components across several servers. Your deployment strategy depends on the number of devices, location of these devices, and which metrics you want to monitor. The following diagram shows the installation options:
DX NetOps Performance Managementdeployment includes installing the following linked components:
- NetOps Portal
- Data repository
- Data aggregator
- Data collectors
Use the following process for standard installations:
For more information about how to install a low-scale system, see Install a Low-Scale System.
- Complete one of the following:
By default,DX NetOps Performance Managementdoes not collect and send usage data (theOpt-Infield on theEdit Usage Data Sharing Settingsdialog is set toNo.For more information about how to configureDX NetOps Performance Managementto collect and send usage data, see Configure to Send Usage Data.
- (If you are licensed to useDX NetOps Performance Managementunder a PLA) ConfigureDX NetOps Performance Managementto collect and sendDX NetOps Performance Management-specific usage data.
- (If you are licensed to useDX NetOps Performance Managementunder a standard license that the Support site issues) Optionally configureDX NetOps Performance Managementto collect and send usage data.
- (Optional) Install the following:
- If you plan to monitor software-defined networking (SDN) and network functions virtualization (NFV) usingDX NetOps Virtual Network Assurance, installDX NetOps Virtual Network Assurance.Best Practice:Install VNA on a separate host as the data collector.
- If you plan to monitor the performance of non-SNMP based devices, such as mobile wireless, fiber-optic switch, radio access, and 3G or 4G voice data, usingDX NetOps Mediation Manager, installDX NetOps Mediation Manager.
- If you plan to use FIPS-compliant encryption and hashing algorithms (where applicable) for user passwords and Single Sign-On, enable FIPS-compliant encryption.