Tenants Web Service
The API provides the tenants web service to let you view, create, and modify tenant definitions.
Local admin users can view, create, and modify tenant definitions using the
tenantsweb service. The basic tenant definition contains a few parameters to identify the tenant. The infrastructure—devices, networks, servers—and the monitoring parameters for a customer's monitored systems must be associated with the tenant definition. Each tenant must contain at least one IP domain, plus as many of the following definitions as required to manage the associated enterprise infrastructure and applications:
- User accounts
- Custom and system groups
- Custom reports
- Custom menus
To associate definitions and monitoring parameters with an existing tenant definition, log in as the tenant administrator and create the required definitions using the required web services. The definitions are then associated with the tenant definition and available to users logged in with this tenant's user accounts.
For more information about how to create a tenant using the
tenantsweb service, see Automate Provisioning and Configuration using the tenants Web Service.
In this article:
Tenants Web Service Parameters
Issue the following call to see the available parameters and operations for the
- tenantDescription(Optional) Describes the tenant.
- idNameIs a name for the tenant.
- statusIs the status of this tenant.Values:
- Activated:Enables tenant user accounts for use.
- Disabled:Prevents any actions by user accounts that are associated with this tenant.
- removableStates whether the item can be deleted (removed from the database).Values: true or false
- themeSpecifies the format—the theme that controls the appearance of the page in the browser window—to use for this tenant. All operators whose user account is associated with this tenant see this same theme. The CA-Blue and CA-Gray are available.Default:CA-Blue
- defaultCultureSpecifies a language (locale). Supply a language identifier from the following list:
- en-US (English, United States)
- ja-JP (Japanese)
- zh-CN (Simplified Chinese)
- fr-FR (French, France)
- accountIdIdentifies this tenant; usually corresponds to the MSP account number. If a value is supplied as input, it must be unique across all defined tenants.
- tenantIDIs an internal (database) identifier for a tenant definition.
Tenants Web Service Example Syntax
You can retrieve a current list of tenant definitions, create tenant definitions, and modify these definitions by changing their parameters using the
You can use the following basic HTTP methods with the
- GETReturns a list of tenant definitions sorted by name. Available on the /tenantID endpoint. Use the following syntax:http://<PC_host>:8181/pc/center/webservice/tenants/
- POSTCreates a custom tenant. Use the following syntax:http://<PC_host>:8181/pc /center/webservice/tenants/
- PUTUpdates an existing tenant definition. Use the following syntax:http://<PC_host>:8181/pc/center/webservice/tenants/