Includes steps to acquire, install, deploy and configure your product.
This section provides the following information that is required to install the
Overview of the Installer
DX PlatformInstaller is a console-based application that runs primarily in the docker container and so has minimum dependencies on the operating system. The installer communicates with the Kubernetes cluster and performs all the necessary actions to set up a ready-to-use
DX Platforminstaller requires Kubernetes to be pre-installed and the software requirements met. For more information about the requirements for Kubernetes, see the
Hardware and Software Requirements
DX Platforminstaller, you can install the following capabilities:
- DX Application Performance Management (DX APM)
- DX Operational Intelligence (DX OI)
- DX App Experience Analytics
You can run the
DX Platforminstaller to:
- Enable all the services with the DX OI services:To enable the DX OI services, enter Yes at the relevant prompt during the installation.
- Enable all the services without the DX OI services:To enable the DX OI services later, enter No at the relevant prompt.
(Optional) For DX App Experience Analytics, you must run a script (
axa-scale.sh) after the installation. For more information, see the
You can install the
DX Platformusing one of the following methods depending on your accessibility to the internet:
- Online Installation:Use this method when the installing host has access to the Internet. In this mode, download the online version of the installer from theCustomer Success Associate (CSA) or Broadcom Support.
- Offline Installation:Use this method when the installing host does not have access to the Internet. In this mode, download the offline version of the installer from the
You can run the installer in one of the following ways:
- Interactive Console Install Mode:In this method, you must provide the inputs at the prompt for the installation.
- Silent Install Mode:In this mode, theDX Platformis installed using the values that are mentioned in thedxi.input.vars.ymlfile that is in the root installation folder.
During installation, the installation script:
- Gathers information that is required to configure theDX Platform. This information includes the Kubernetes project name and the Elasticsearch deployment size.
- Downloads the docker images (in Online mode only) from a registry or file and pushes them to the registry that the Kubernetes cluster uses.
- Applies YMLs to the Kubernetes project to create the required objects such as Persistent Volume claims, secrets, ingresses, and containers for theDX Platform.
Introduction to Kubernetes
Kubernetes works by managing a cluster of compute instances and scheduling containers to run on the cluster based on the available compute resources and the resource requirements of each container. Compute instances are called nodes in Kubernetes. Node can be a dedicated server or virtual instance. Containers are run in logical groupings called pods and you can run and scale one or many containers together as a pod.
Kubernetes decides when and where to run your pods, manages traffic routing, and scales your pods based on utilization or other metrics that you define. Kubernetes automatically starts pods on your cluster based on their resource requirements and automatically restarts pods if they or the instances they are running on fail. Each pod is given an IP address and a single DNS name, which Kubernetes uses to connect your services with each other and external traffic.
Installation Process Diagram
The following diagram illustrates the installation process at a high-level:
DX Platforminstallation process is divided into the following steps at a high-level: