Synchronize Data Sources
npc periodically synchronizes with registered data sources to send configuration information and to retrieve data. npc incrementally replicates information to the data sources. Data sources receive group configuration, authentication settings, SNMP profiles, users, and roles. The data sources send inventory to npc. npc uses the inventory data to request performance metrics from the data sources.
NetOps Portalperiodically synchronizes with registered data sources to send configuration information and to retrieve data.
NetOps Portalincrementally replicates information to the data sources. Data sources receive group configuration, authentication settings, SNMP profiles, users, and roles. The data sources send inventory to
NetOps Portaluses the inventory data to request performance metrics from the data sources.
To determine whether items from multiple data sources are the same item,
NetOps Portalruns global synchronization. During global synchronization,
NetOps Portalreconciles devices and interfaces.
Devices are reconciled in the following scenarios:
The primary IP address is the IP address that
DX NetOps Performance Managementuses to monitor a device. When a device is first discovered with the IP ranges discovery profile,
DX NetOps Performance Managementtries to use the IP address that maps to the hostname as the primary IP address.
- The primary IP addresses match.
- The name of a device without an IP address matches another device regardless of whether the other device has an IP address.
- The primary IP address for a new device is in the IP address list of an existing device, and the primary IP address of the existing device is in the IP address list of the new device.
After the devices are consolidated, interfaces are reconciled when the parent device and the
Reconciled items are a single item in
NetOps Portal. If the reconciled item has different properties in different data sources,
NetOps Portaluses the value from the data source with the highest priority. The data aggregator has the highest priority by default. First, the item type priority determines priority. Then the data source priority determines priority. Last, the data source assigned
Incremental synchronization occurs 5 minutes after the previous synchronization completes. Incremental synchronization also occurs each time an SNMP profile is created. Only the records that are new or changed as of the last synchronization timestamp are included. The
Last Polled Oncolumn shows the completion time of the last successful synchronization for each data source. If this timestamp shows a time more than 5-10 minutes, synchronization for that data source has not completed successfully. Changes might not be reflected in the system.
A full synchronization occurs when you first register a data source to
NetOps Portalreceives information about all managed items in that data source. This type of synchronization does not recur automatically. After the initial data source registration, this type of synchronization is not typically required.
The following procedures require the Administrator role:
Synchronize a Data Source
Synchronization occurs regularly every 5 minutes with all registered data sources. To propagate a configuration change immediately, you can manually synchronize a data source. For example, if you add a group, you can send the change to the data sources immediately.
If synchronization is in progress, the process is not interrupted and new changes are not applied until the next synchronization cycle. A new synchronization begins immediately after the in-progress synchronization is complete.
Follow these steps:
- Hover overAdministration,Data Sources, and then clickData Sources.TheManage Data Sourcespage opens.
- Select the data source.
- ClickResync.The Resync Data Source dialog opens.
- (Optional) SelectPerform a Full Resynchronization, and then clickResync.Best Practice:Select this option only when requested by Broadcom Support.
The data source is resynchronized.
NetOps Portalcollects inventory data and sends configuration changes to the selected data source. Only the records that are new as of the last synchronization timestamp are included.
View Synchronization Status
You can view synchronization status in the table on the
Manage Data Sourcespage. The System Health icon at the top of the page indicates when a synchronization failure occurs. To view more information about the failure, click the icon.
Review the information in the
Global Synchronization Statussection and the
Last Run Statusin the
Global Synchronization Statussection displays "Failed", contact CA Support.
Data Sourcessection displays the status of all registered data sources. The following messages describe possible data source status conditions
- Awaiting PollThe data source has never been contacted, and is waiting for the Device Manager to poll it. The data source is polled quickly unless the Device Manager is busy performing another poll.
- Awaiting BindInventory data has been retrieved from the data source. The data source is waiting forNetOps Portalto transmit configuration information, and to lock corresponding administrative features.
- AvailableThe data source is available for reporting. Registration has succeeded.
- PollingThe Device Manager is in the process of retrieving inventory data.
- RegisteringThe Device Manager is in the process of registering the data source.
- BindingThe device manager is locking the users, roles, and groups that are defined in the data source. For some data sources, binding prevents further changes to configuration within the data source.
- SynchronizingThe device manager is in the process of synchronizing with the data source.
- Polling FailureA failure occurred during polling.
- Synchronization FailureA failure occurred during synchronization.
- Registration FailureA failure occurred during registration.
- Bind FailureA failure occurred during the binding of users, groups, and roles.
- Unable to ContactNetOps Portalis unable to contact the data source due to communication problems.
- Version IncompatibleThe version of the data source is not compatible withNetOps Portal.
- Requires UpgradeThe data source requires a software upgrade. Contact CA Support.
- Requires RegistrationThe data source is waiting for registration.
- Requires MigrationThe data source requires migration and is waiting for the Device Manager.
- Under MaintenanceThe data source is under maintenance.
- DisabledThe Administrator has disabled the data source.
View the Data Source Log
You can investigate suspected errors with the data source synchronization using the data source log. Use this information to find events in the device manager logs. The log shows only events that are related to synchronization for data source you selected.
For more information, see Logs.
On the Manage Data Sources page, select the data source for which you want to view the log, and then click
Log. Only the initial synchronization and any failures that occur during subsequent synchronizations are included on the
Data Source Logpage opens.