Edit a Metric
Use the UI to edit metric properties for any metric in a specific metric family. When you edit a metric, the metric family is extended automatically with the new values.
You can edit metric properties for any metric in a specific metric family using
NetOps Portal. When you edit a metric, the metric family is extended automatically with the new values.
For more information about how to extend metrics and metric families through REST services, see Create or Extend Metric Families.
You can only edit metrics that
DX NetOps Performance Managementis polling (the value in the
Polledcolumn on the
Metricstab is set to "True").
For more information about how to view this column, see Manage Metric Families.
Follow these steps:
- Hover overAdministration,Data Sources, and then click the data aggregator data source.TheMonitored Devicespage appears.
- UnderMonitoring Configuration, clickMetric Families.TheMetric Familiespage appears. This page displays a list of metric families, including factory and custom metric families.
- Select the metric family from the list related to the metric that you want to edit.
- From theMetricstab, click the polled metric that you want to edit, and then clickEditat the bottom of the page.TheEdit Metricdialog opens.
- Complete the following fields, and then clickSave:
Changes to the value forProjection Percentilecan cause inaccurate projections for up to 90 days. Changes to the value forPercentile 2andPercentile 3cause a gap in trend views.DX NetOps Performance Managementrecalculates the changes that you make to these percentile values after several days.
- 95th Percentile:Enabled or Disabled
- Percentiles 2 and 3: 0-99, except 95
- Projections 1-3: 0-730
- Projection Percentile:0-99
The selected metric is updated in the parent metric family. The metric family is marked as extended and the Last Modified and Last Modified By fields are updated. The new data is available for reporting within several poll cycles.