Edit Custom Vendor Certifications Using NetOps Portal
For basic vendor certification, apply simple changes to a vendor certification using
Edit existing custom vendor certifications when you want to collect additional data for reporting. You can edit these certifications by editing the XML or using
NetOps Portal. Editing the certification using
NetOps Portalis useful for limited changes that you need immediately. For example, you can edit the expression that maps to the normalized metric family variables. This article explains how to do this using
For more information about how to edit certifications by editing the XML, see Create or Extend Vendor Certifications.
The edits that you make to vendor certifications applies only to the following:
- Those certifications that you created or edited usingNetOps Portal.
- Devices with a single MIB and a single MIB table.
- Some aspects of the vendor certification.
Follow these steps:
- As an Administrator, clickVendor Certificationsfrom theMonitoring Configurationmenu for a data aggregator data source.TheVendor Certificationspage appears.
- Select a custom vendor certification from the list, select the metric family that you want to edit, and then clickEdit.
- Manually edit the expression.Common edits include the following changes:
- Change a value that is assigned to the expression, such as an average.
- Add multiple vendor certification variables to the expression.
- Remove an expression from a metric family variable by clearing theExpressiontext box.TheNamesandIndexesmetric names require an expression. For custom vendor certifications, the data aggregator automatically provides theIndexesmetric expression for the selected MIB table.
- ClickAccept Expression.The expression is mapped, and the top table is populated with the updated values.
The vendor certification details grid is updated with the changes to the metric family variables.
To avoid possible data loss, back up the certifications directory each time that you create or update a vendor certification, metric family, or component.