The following limitations have been identified in this release of
DX NetOps Performance Management:
Alarms Tab on Customized Context Pages
Alarmstab is automatically added to most device-level context pages. For customized device-level context pages, you must manually add the Alarms tab. If you have many tenants with customized device-level context pages, see the
ReadMefile in the following location to streamline the addition of the Alarms tab:
Apostrophes in Custom Attribute Descriptions
When a custom attribute description contains an apostrophe, the tooltip for the attribute does not render correctly in some situations.
Blank CA Business Intelligence Dashboard Output
In some cases, synchronized users (created in
NetOps Portal) see blank PDF output from scheduled reports.
In some cases, users see blank PDF output because of a misconfiguration in the
For more information, see the Jaspersoft Community.
Broken Links in a
DX NetOps SpectrumIntegration
In an integration with
DX NetOps Spectrum, you might find broken links from
DX NetOps SpectrumOneClick to
For the linking to work correctly, complete the following steps:
- Specify the fully-qualified domain name of theNetOps Portalhost for all access to theNetOps Portalwebsite.For more information about how to specify this host, see Configure the Basic Security Settings Using the SSO Configuration Tool.
- Synchronize theDX NetOps Spectrumdata source.For more information, see Synchronize Data Sources.
Bulk Data Export Unsupported in Fault-Tolerant Environments
If you have installed fault-tolerant data aggregators, you cannot export bulk data.
For more information about how to export bulk data, see Bulk Data Export.
CA Business Intelligence Chart Errors in Scheduled Jobs
When you execute a scheduled
CA Business Intelligence(CABI) report or dashboard, pie charts might appear incomplete or might be missing a color.
This issue occurs in the CABI JasperReports Server.
To prevent this issue, complete the following steps:
- Change the default values as follows:
org.quartz.jobStore.clusterCheckinInterval = 3600000 org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=9 org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority=9 org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold=3600000
CA Business Intelligence Failed Export for Scheduled Jobs
Exporting everything for a scheduled job from CABI does not export the dashboards.
To prevent this issue, export each dashboard individually using CABI,
js-export, or the REST API.
CA Business Intelligence Report and Input Control Issues
Scheduled CABI reports and saved input controls for reports might work incorrectly after upgrade. This issue occurs because
DX NetOps Performance Management20.2 introduced changes to the report input controls. Some input controls were added, some were removed, and some were changed. For example, if a TopN report was scheduled for two metrics of Interface metric family, after you upgrade, the scheduled report shows four variables. Recreate scheduled reports and report templates after upgrade.
DX NetOps Virtual Network Assurancecollects inventory and performance metrics from Viptela to support
DX NetOps Performance ManagementSD-WAN monitoring. While the plug-in collects inventory for vEdge routers, vEdge interfaces, tunnels, and application/SLA paths, it cannot collect data for cEdge devices due to a Cisco bug. This limitation results in missing cEdge devices in the interface inventory and missing tunnels that originate or terminate from or on cEdge interfaces.
For more information, see the Cisco documentation.
Data Aggregator Polled Data Loss (20.2.6)
You can experience polled data loss during an upgrade of the data aggregator, but this data loss is only temporary. If you are using
DX NetOps Performance Management20.2.6, the data aggregator accepts the polled data after you upgrade the data collector. If you are using
DX NetOps Performance Management20.2.1 to 20.2.5, upgrade the data collector to 20.2.6 or higher
immediatelyafter upgrading the data aggregator to 20.2.6 or higher.
For more information:
Data Collector Polling Status Issue
Before you upgrade the data collectors, after you upgrade the data aggregator to
DX NetOps Performance Management20.2, the
Polling Statuscolumn on the
System Statuspage inaccurately says "Not Connected" for each data collector. However, a connection remains. No data loss should occur. After you upgrade the data collectors, the correct status appears.
For more information about this page when upgrading fault-tolerant data aggregators, see Upgrade Fault-Tolerant Data Aggregators.
Deprecated Top Performance by Application View
A change in
CA Application Delivery Analysis10.5 deprecated the
Top Performance By Applicationview. In
DX NetOps Performance Management20.2, the new
Port Listfield replaces the
End Portfields. The deprecated view has been renamed to
Top Performance By Application - Deprecated. The new
Top Performance By Applicationview replaces the deprecated view.
If you have upgraded all versions of
CA Application Delivery Analysisto version 10.5 or higher, Administrators can edit the dashboards and can replace the deprecated view with the new view. If only some of the
CA Application Delivery Analysisdata sources are below the specified version, Administrators can edit the view title to remove the
Disabled Trend Charts with Events
Trend charts with events are disabled when the time range is greater than three months.
Device Context Page:
- Availability Trend with Events
- Average CPU Utilization Trend with Events
- Average Memory Utilization Trend with Events
Interface Context Page:
- Interface Utilization/Discard Out Trend with Events
- Interface Utilization/Discard In Trend with Events
- Interface Utilization Out Trend/Baseline Detail with Events
- Interface Utilization In Trend/Baseline Detail with Events
Empty PDFs After Scheduled Job Executions for CABI Dashboards
The PDFs of
DX NetOps Performance ManagementMonitoring Status and
DX NetOps Performance ManagementOverview – Product Usage dashboard reports are not generated after a scheduled job execution. There is no workaround to generate the PDFs for these dashboard reports. You cannot save these reports in PDF format.
Extended Flow Views
You can drill down into
DX NetOps Network Flow Analysisdata using
NetOps Portalwithout having to navigate to
DX NetOps Network Flow Analysis.
Extended flow views have the following known limitations:
- The search box on the related table views does not filter the content in the data results.
- Extended flow views on the interface context page cannot be exported in a scheduled report.
- Extended flow views on the dashboard page cannot be exported in a scheduled report containing all pages.
- The maximum rows are limited for performance. By default, theTop Selectiontable views are 1000 rows and theTrend Tableviews are 25 rows.
- For upgrades only, you must manually add extended flow views to customized interface context pages. If you have many tenants with customized interface context pages, do the following post-installation steps:
For environments withDX NetOps Network Flow Analysis9.x and earlier, run the post-installation script. This helps to ensure compatibility with the latest version when it is enabled.
- On theNetOps Portalserver, change to the following directory:cdPC_install_directory/SQL/plugins/reporter
- Follow the steps described in the ReadMe file.
- If the data source isDX NetOps Network Flow Analysis10.x and higher, the links in the charts and tables in theIP Performancepage open the corresponding network flow pages withinDX NetOps Performance Management. If the data source isDX NetOps Network Flow Analysis9.x and earlier, the links open the corresponding pages in theDX NetOps Network Flow Analysisconsole.
For more information, see Context Pages.
Flow Administration Issues with IPv6
Flow Administrationpage is empty, check
If the following message appears, the
DX NetOps Network Flow AnalysisConsole server might be configured with an IPv6 address:
Failed in sending REST: http://[0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0001]:8981/odata/api/AuthToken java.net.ConnectException
Follow these steps:
- Disable the IPv6 address.For more information, see Windows Support.
- Make sure that only one Network Interface Card (NIC) is present on theDX NetOps Network Flow AnalysisConsole server.
- Issue the following command and verify that there are no IPv6 addresses:ipconfig
Future Web Services Deprecation
When you export vendor certifications using
NetOps Portal, it uses the
genericWSformat will be deprecated in a future
DX NetOps Performance Managementrelease. Therefore, use the
typecatalogweb services instead of
For more information about how to use the
typecatalogweb services, see Create or Extend Vendor Certifications.
Group Scorecard Table Metric Fields
The first time you edit the view settings for a group scorecard table view you might encounter an issue with the selected metrics. If you change between Hierarchy Calculate Levels and Metric Calculate Levels, your selected metric fields might clear. For example, if you select several metric fields, and then change the selection from
by Device, your selected metric fields clear.
Input Parameter for Schema During CABI Installation Not Updated
While installing CABI content, when you provide the input parameter for schema as https, the
DX NetOps Performance ManagementData Source page schema field displays http.
- Login as administrator in the CABI server.
- Open View, Repository page, and extract theroot-Public-ca-Performance Management - datasourcesfolder.
- Edit theDX NetOps Performance Managementdatasource to changeSchemaparameter to https, and then clickSave.
A restart of the CABI service is not required.
- For the first discovery, invalid certificates might cause devices, interfaces, and tunnels to be missing.
- After discovery, invalid certificates remove all items that belong to any invalidated devices (routers, interfaces, tunnels, and possibly sites).
Keys for ActiveMQ Communication
If you have authenticated and encrypted activeMQ communication, you must regenerate the keys before this upgrade.
For more information, see Authenticate and Encrypt ActiveMQ Communication.
For the first and last name prompt, enter the host name of the system where you are creating the certification.
The data aggregator and data collector require the new keys to communicate.
You can now select multiple metrics for MultiViews. However, existing legacy MultiViews remain the same during upgrade and do not support multiple metrics. If you want an existing view to include multiple metrics, configure a new view in the dashboard builder.
Screen Reader Limitations
The following are known limitations with screen readers:
- When using a screen reader with the Chrome web browser, the screen reader does not read aloud the contents of charts (for example, points and legend entries). This is a known limitation in Chrome. When you use a screen reader with other web browsers, including Firefox and Safari, the screen readers reads aloud the contents of charts.
- When using a screen reader to read the contents of charts, you cannot use the up and down arrow keys. Usually, you can move focus in the chart using the screen reader key in conjunction with the left and right arrow keys.
- When using a screen reader to read the contents of grids with the Internet Explorer web browser, the screen reader does not consistently read aloud the tooltips associated with icons in the grids. This is a known limitation in Internet Explorer.
- When you set the zoom setting for the web browser to greater than 100%, the minimum supported web browser window size increases by the zoom factor. For example, if you set the zoom setting to 200%, the minimum required web browser window width is 2048 pixels (1024 pixels times 2).
SDN/NFV Dashboard Limitations
The VNF Count by Type Stacked Chart in the
SDN/NFV Virtual Inventory Overviewdashboard does not show data for the last period. The data for the same period appears when you export the data to a CSV file.
The following limitations apply to SD-WAN monitoring:
- All SD-WAN tunnel reporting is processed at the device component level. Parent devices do not appear in the reported raw data. The edge device source, and destination, can be manually added to the tabular related reports. Pick the inventory columns on the rendered grid.
- The SD-WAN tunnel metrics (latency, packet loss, and jitter) do not support minimum, maximum, or baselines variants out of the box. You can configure percentile metrics.For more information, see Edit a Metric.
- You can configure projection metrics for the SD-WAN tunnel metrics (latency, packet loss, and jitter) using the data aggregator Administration UI. However, these metrics do not have baselines. Therefore, the SD-WAN tunnel metrics do not support projection metrics.For more information, see Edit a Metric.
- No direct reconciliation of the SD-WAN edge devices to SNMP physical devices occurs. Therefore, reporting for the CPU and Memory utilization of edge devices is done from the virtual host metric family.
- No direct reconciliation of virtual interfaces to SNMP physical interfaces occurs.
- The parented edge device of the tunnel must report the virtual interface of the SD-WAN tunnels. Direct queries by the tunnel item are unsupported.
- SD-WAN tunnels do not have values in the description fields. The description values are always blank.
- The alias setting for the SD-WAN tunnel items is unsupported.
- The VNA Domain Sites are initially shown as numeric values. The site group can be altered with the Group Admin UI. Other alterations are not recommended under the SD-WAN Sites group.
- The SD-WAN Tunnel metric family is unsupported for On-Demand reports.
- If you set a custom time range to 30 minutes on an SD-WAN dashboard, the time bar charts and trend views have data gaps.
SD-WAN Tunnel and Application Paths Dashboard Limitations
DX NetOps Performance Management3.5 and earlier, the site selected in the Map view filtered the Time Bar view. In
DX NetOps Performance Management3.6 and higher, the selected site in the Map view does
notfilter this view. However, you can filter the view by site name using the search bar.
For more information, see Monitor SD-WAN.
Search for NFA Drill-Down Pages
- Search must be on name or description fields.
- Protocol search does not work on the group protocols (ip,ipv6,tcp,udp) as they are not single protocols.
- When searching the hosts, you must provide the host name without braces. For example, if the host name is (10.10.1.2), search the host name using 10.10.1.2.
- When searching a conversation, you must use the Server IP or the Client IP. For example, when searching for the conversation "10.19.19.179 - 10.20.20.179", you must use the search value 10.19.19.179 or 10.20.20.179. You cannot use "10.19.19.179 - 10.20.20.179".
- For ToS search, search without braces '()' of ToS description. For example, if the ToS description is ToS 20 (ToS 20), the search value must be ToS20. For a ToS format like AF12 (DSCP12) ECT=0;CE=1 (ToS 49), the search value must be AF12 (DSCP12) ECT=0.
- Search does not work on 'other' as it is group of items.
Theme Deployment Hangs
Theme deployment occasionally hangs when you use the Chrome web browser. If this known limitation occurs, deploy the theme using Firefox or Internet Explorer as your web browser.
Time Zone Limitation in
CA Business IntelligenceReports
When you change a time zone for a
CA Business Intelligencereport, you can select only a time zone with a different offset. If the time zone is
(UTC-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito, the system does not register a selection with the same offset, such as
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time. To work around this issue, select a time zone with a different offset before selecting the desired time zone.
Top Enterprise Flow Views
DX NetOps Network Flow Analysis10.0 or higher, the links in the
Top Enterprise Hosts by Volumeview and the
Top Enterprise Protocols by Volumeview do not work. If you have enabled view suppression, these views are hidden in the relevant dashboards (for example, the
Infrastructure Overviewdashboard) or context pages. You can find useful information in the new
Network Interface Performancedashboard. These views perform as expected with
DX NetOps Network Flow Analysis9.5 and lower.
Revert View Settings Limitations
You cannot convert views to reports at a group level if a context item filter is applied when adding on-demand reports or dynamic trend views to a page within Dashboard Builder.
Avoid reverting the view settings (by clicking
Use Defaults) at the All Tenant Users level if you are editing a view that is locked to a device or interface that no longer exists.
If you revert the view settings (click
Use Defaults), do the following tasks:
- Restore the metric selection by editing the view twice.
- Add a new device or interface to the view before rendering data.
Viptela Inventory Includes Only Devices with Valid Certificates
The Viptela plug-in accurately interprets vEdge devices with valid certificate states. The Viptela plug-in cannot accurately interpret vEdge devices with invalid certificate states. If the certificate of a vEdge device is invalidated, the vEdge device is no longer discovered in the inventory. Associated interfaces are no longer reported, however tunnels are still reported and reference the interface underlay.
A vEdge device must have a valid security certificate to participate in a Viptela network. You can configure the certificate state from the vManage Certificates administration page.
For more information about how to administer a certificate for a vEdge device, see the Viptela vManage documentation.
You can access the Viptela online documentation by clicking the question mark (?) icon in the top menu bar in vManage.
Viptela Scale Boundary
Viptela has an upper boundary for the number of managed items. For example, depending on the size of your physical system, more than 1000 vEdge devices might cause issues.
The boundary depends on the following factors:
- Network bandwidth betweenDX NetOps Virtual Network Assuranceand vManage
- Number of vEdge devices
- Tunnel topology (for example, hub-and-spoke versus full mesh)
- Number of interfaces
- Number of SLA classes/policies
If the upper boundary is hit, you might notice the following issues:
- 24 hours after a fresh install, the inventory is incomplete.
- Managed items are missing.
- Performance data is missing.
- The performance cycle does not complete within the allotted time (10 minutes for inventory, 30 minutes for performance).
If you suspect an issue, go to the log that is located in the
directory, and look for any warnings or errors indicating a failure to receive responses.
Virtual and SNMP Interface Reconciliation
DX NetOps Performance Managementnow reconciles interfaces from
DX NetOps Virtual Network Assurancewith existing SNMP interfaces. When the VNA Gateway restarts (for example, during an upgrade),
DX NetOps Performance Managementreconciles the virtual interfaces with existing SNMP interfaces, and the virtual interface is deactivated.
DX NetOps Performance Managementdoes not migrate performance data on the virtual interface over to the SNMP interface. All new performance data goes to the SNMP interface. The performance data on the virtual interface is not easily accessible.