Configure the Web Service Security Settings Using the SSO Configuration Tool
The web service settings are the settings that control
NetOps Portalweb service (the device manager service). You manage these settings using the Single Sign-On Configuration tool (SSOConfig).
Follow these steps:
- Open a terminal session on theNetOps Portalhost (as root or with thesudocommand).
- Launch the Single Sign-On Configuration tool by running the./SsoConfigcommand in the following directory:<installation_directory>/PerformanceCenter/opt/CAis the default installation directory.You are prompted to select an option. The available options correspond to the data sources running on the local server.Use the following commands as needed while you are selecting settings:
- b(go back to the previous menu)
- Enter1to configureNetOps Portal(CAPC) security settings.You are prompted to select a configuration option.
- Enter3to configureNetOps Portal(DX NetOps) security settings.You are prompted to specify the priority.ThePriorityparameter only applies toNetOps Portal.
- Enteroneof the following options:
You are prompted to select a property to configure.
- 1. Remote ValuePropagates these settings to the data sources that are registered to this instance ofNetOps Portal, including the Event Manager service, which embeds theNetOps PortalURL.NetOps Portaluses these settings only if a correspondingLocal Overridevalue is not present.To configure the scheme or port to include the correctNetOps PortalURL in threshold event email messages, useRemote Value.
- 2. Local OverrideOverrides a setting only on thisNetOps Portalinstance. This setting takes precedence over theRemote Valuesetting and the default settings.
- Enterone or moreof the following properties:When prompted, enteruto update the value and supply a new value.
- 1. Web Service SchemeSpecifies the URL scheme for the device manager service. If you have set up HTTPS, enterhttps.
- 2. Web Service HostSpecifies the fully-qualified domain name for the device manager service. If you have overriden theNetOps Portalhost name, update this property with a host name and IP address with access to console and SSO ports.
- 3. Web Service PortSpecifies the URL port for the device manager service.
- 4. Web Service InventorySpecifies the URL path for the device manager inventory web service (version 1).
- 5. Web Service Data Source AdminSpecifies the URL path for the device manager data source web service.
- Enterbandbagain to go back to the first set of options.
The web service settings are configured.