Scorecard projections use a customizable set of data points to predict future values for metrics. Projected values are calculated when the view is rendered, and are based on the historical time frame of the view. You can add the projected values to IM Custom View Group Scorecards.
Scorecard projections use a customizable set of data points to predict future values for metrics.
DX NetOps Performance Managementcalculates projected values when it renders the view. These values are based on the historical time frame of the view. You can add these values to the IM Group Scorecard Trend View.
Do not use scorecard projections for error metrics. Each error is a discrete event that is not affected by historical errors.
The scorecard view includes the following methods to calculate projections:
- ApproximationThis method uses the average from each time frame in the view to calculate the projection values.DX NetOps Performance Managementcalculates a least squares regression on the averages, then uses the line equation to project future values. This calculation method is faster than the Detailed Data method.
- Detailed DataThis method uses the polled data for the entire time frame of the view.DX NetOps Performance Managementcalculates a least squares regression for the entire set of data points. This calculation is more statistically accurate than theApproximationmethod, and provides extra columns in the view.Detailed data scorecard projections are supported only for gauge metrics (for example, Bits Out - Average Rate). Detailed data scorecard projections arenotsupported for counter metrics (for example, Bits Out - Total). Projection values are calculated on the As Polled (rate) data to ensure precision.The following columns are hidden by default:
- SlopeIndicates the slope of the line equation.
- InterceptIndicates the intercept of the line equation.
- DegreesDegrees of freedom, which indicates the sample size.
- Linear FitIndicates the confidence level of the projected values as related to the sample data.
- Days to ThresholdIndicates the projected number of days before the specified critical threshold is reached.