Manage Metric Families
Metric families show their association with device collections, vendor certifications, and monitoring profiles.
Metric families show their association with device collections, vendor certifications, and monitoring profiles. You can control how to monitor your devices by understanding the relationships between metric families, device collections, and device types. You can also determine whether you need more metric families to monitor your environment sufficiently.
Follow these steps:
- Hover overAdministration,Data Sources, and then click the data aggregator data source.TheMonitored Devicespage appears.
- UnderMonitoring Configuration, clickMetric Families.TheMetric Familiespage appears.
- Click the heading columns to sort the metric family columns, as needed.
- Select the metric family that you want to manage from the list.
- Click a tab to get more information:
- MetricstabView the metrics that are included in the selected metric family and various properties for each metric:
- Projections (Days)
- Projections Percentile
- Rollup Strategy
- Standard Deviation
- Vendor Certification PrioritiestabView a list of device collections that are associated with the selected metric family. Typically, a metric family is associated with a single device collection. When you select a device collection, a prioritized list of MIB sources (vendor certifications) appears. This information shows the order in which the vendor certifications are applied to that device collection for the metric family.
- Monitoring ProfilestabView a list of the associated monitoring profiles and their poll rates.