Schedule Maintenance Indicators
Maintenance indicators represent times when maintenance is occurring. After you schedule maintenance indicators, views indicate maintenance with shading.
Maintenance indicators represent times when maintenance is occurring, and apply to all the devices and components in a site group. With scheduled maintenance indicators applied to a view, the view applies shading to indicate maintenance. Selecting an associated site group in the context displays maintenance indicators in applicable views as you navigate between dashboards. The subtitle of each view indicates whether maintenance indicators apply to the view.
In this article:
Maintenance Indicator Inheritance
Associate maintenance indicators with relevant subgroups, as they do not directly inherit maintenance indicators from site groups. When
NetOps Portalrenders views, these filters apply to all items based on the selected site group. The filters of the selected site group apply to the items in that group and in any subgroups. When you change the selected site group to a subgroup, the filters of the parent group are no longer applicable.
Reference groups inherit associated maintenance indicators from the original site group.
Maintenance Indicators Support and Limitations
Maintenance indicators can apply to data only in trend chart and calendar heat chart view types.
The data in these views is not limited to the maintenance indicators.
When you have selected an associated site group in the context, maintenance indicators appear as shaded cells in these charts. Shading appears only when you select the site group with maintenance indicators at the page or view level.
The following are known limitations for maintenance indicators:
- The duration must be between 1 and 24 hours.
- Maintenance indicators do not apply to the following:
- Daily rollup data or to views that show daily resolution.
- Table views in on-demand reports.
- Views on context pages.
Schedule Maintenance Indicators
To apply maintenance indicators to views, create maintenance indicators and associate the maintenance indicators with a site group. Each definition includes the times of day and day of the week. Select the hours and day that reflect maintenance periods. Create definitions for every distinct location in your enterprise.
Only users with the Administer Maintenance Indicators role right can add, edit, copy, or delete maintenance indicators.
- Hover overAdministration,Group Settings, and then clickMaintenance Indicators.TheManage Maintenance Indicatorspage appears.
- ClickNew.TheAdd Maintenance Indicatorsdialog opens.
- Complete the following fields:
- NameSpecifies the name for the maintenance indicator. This name appears on views displaying maintenance indicators.
- DescriptionSpecifies the description for the maintenance indicator. This description appears only on theManage Maintenance Indicatorspage.
- Maintenance DateSpecifies the day for the maintenance indicator.Default:today's date
- Start HourDefines the start time for the maintenance indicator. Choose a whole hour increment. The same hour is applied to all selected days.Default:00:00Options:00:00to23:00
- End HourDefines the end time for the maintenance indicator. Choose a whole hour increment. The same hour is applied to all selected days.Default:24:00Options:01:00to24:00
- Associate the maintenance indicator with a site group by moving it from theAvailable Siteslist to theSelected Siteslist. Associating the maintenance indicator with a site group applies it to that group.You can associate maintenance indicators with site groups that already have a time zone. You can associate maintenance indicators only with site groups that have time zones with whole hour offsets.
The maintenance indicator is scheduled.