Edit Custom Vendor Certifications Using NetOps Portal
For basic vendor certification, apply simple changes to a vendor certification using
Edit existing custom vendor certifications when you want to collect additional data for reporting. You can edit these certifications by editing the XML or by using
NetOps Portal. This article explains how to do edit vendor certifications using
NetOps Portal. Edit the certification using
NetOps Portalif you have limited changes that you need immediately. For example, you can edit the expression that maps to the normalized metric family variables.
For more information about how to edit vendor certifications by editing the XML, see Create or Extend Vendor Certifications.
Common edits to vendor certification expressions include the following:
- Change a value that is assigned to the expression, such as an average.
- Add multiple vendor certification variables to the expression.
- Remove an expression from a metric family variable.TheNamesandIndexesmetric names require an expression. For custom vendor certifications, the data aggregator automatically provides theIndexesmetric expression for the selected MIB table.
The edits that you make to vendor certifications applies only to the following:
- Those certifications that you created or edited usingNetOps Portal.
- Devices with a single MIB and a single MIB table.
- Some aspects of the vendor certification.
To avoid possible data loss, back up the certifications directory each time that you create or update a vendor certification, metric family, or component.
Follow these steps:
- As an Administrator, hover overAdministration,Data Sources, and then select the data aggregator data source.TheMonitored Devicespage appears.
- ClickVendor Certificationsfrom theMonitoring Configurationmenu for a data aggregator data source.TheVendor Certificationspage appears.
- Select the custom vendor certification that you want to edit from the list, select the metric family that you want to edit, and then clickEdit.
- Manually edit the expression, and then clickAccept Expression.The expression is mapped, and the top table is populated with the updated values.
The vendor certification details grid is updated with the changes to the metric family variables.