Configure Login URL Protection
You can secure your system and require users to log in using only authorized URLs by enabling Single Sign-On spoofing protection using
NetOps Portalor using the Single Sign-On Configuration (SSOConfig) tool.
You can also enable Single Sign-On spoofing protection using the Single Sign-On Configuration (SSOConfig) tool. This article details how to enable Single Sign-On spoofing protection using
For more information about how to enable Single Sign-On spoofing protection using SSOConfig, see Configure the DX NetOps Security Settings Using the SSO Configuration Tool.
Follow these steps:
- Best Practice:AccessNetOps Portalusing the URLs that you intend to use (so that they display in the list of available URLs).
- Log in as a user with administrative role rights.
- Hover overAdministration,Configuration Settings, and then clickSecurity Settings.TheSecurity Settingspage appears.
- In theLogin URL Protectionsection, enable Single Sign-On spoofing protection by selectingEnable SSO URL Protection.Options:
The guidelines require that you enable this setting.Default:Disabled
- EnabledUsers can log in using only authorized URLs, but cannot log in from theLog Inscreen (by clickingLog In). Users attempting to log in using an unauthorized URL receive the following error:Log in URL not recognized. Log in is disabled.
- DisabledUsers receive only a warning regarding suspicious URLs.
- ForSelect Authorized URLs, add the URLs that users can use (authorized URLs) from the list of available URLs.NetOps Portalpopulates the list of available authorized URLs with the URLs that you use to accessNetOps Portal.
Your system is secured and users are required to log in using only authorized URLs.