Configure Password Security Settings
Define the settings that control the security of user passwords in
You can define the settings that control the security of user passwords in
NetOps Portal. You can manage these settings using the Single Sign-On Configuration (SSOConfig) tool. This article details how to define the settings in
For more information about how to manage these settings using SSOConfig, see Configure Password Security Settings Using the SSO Configuration Tool.
Follow these steps:
- Log in as a user with administrative role rights.
- Hover overAdministration,Configuration Settings, and then clickSecurity Settings.TheSecurity Settingspage appears.
- In thePassword Managementsection, complete the following fields:
- Enforce password requirementsSpecify whether to enforce the password requirements.Default:EnabledThe guidelines require that this setting remain enabled.
- Minimum password length (characters, 8 recommended)Specify the minimum password length in characters.Values:8-32 charactersDefault:8 charactersThe guidelines require that you set the password length to at least 8 characters.
- Password lifespan (days, 105 recommended)Specify the number of days after which passwords expire.Values:0-712 days (Specify 0 to disable password expiration and to specify passwords to never expire.)Default:105 daysThe guidelines require that passwords expire after 120 days.
- Disable user after failed login attemptsSpecify whether multiple failed login attempts within a timeframe disable the user.Default:Enabled
- Failed login attempts before blocking (6 recommended)Specify the number of failed login attempts before a user is blocked (disabled).Values:2-9Default:6The guidelines require that users are blocked after 6 or fewer login attempts.
- Timeframe for determining failed login attempts (minutes, 3 recommended)Specify the timeframe that the failed login attempts must occur before a user is blocked (disabled).Values:1-10Default:3The guidelines require that users are blocked after they have reached the specified failed login attempts within 6 or fewer minutes.
- Timeframe to block an IP address after failed login attempts (minutes, 0 means this setting is disabled)Specify the number of minutes to block an IP address after multiple failed login attempts within a timeframe. This blocks the IP address of the user for the specified amount of time.This functionality isnotan intrusion detection system.Values:0-1440 (Specify 0 to disable blocking IP addresses after failed login attempts.)Default:0
The password security settings are configured.