Customize Your User Settings
You can customize your user account's default dashboard and personal settings.
You can customize your user account's default dashboard and personal settings. You can also change the display settings, such as view suppression and item name display names and aliases, by customizing them.
In this article:
Set a Dashboard as Your Home Page
To log in to your preferred dashboard, set that dashboard as your home page. By default, the first dashboard in your first menu is your home page.
To return to your home page from any other page, click the logo in the upper left corner.
The following video shows how to set your default dashboard:
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the dashboard that you want to set as your home page.
- (Optional) To set a specific context as your default, click the[change]link, and then select the group context for the dashboard. The home page saves the context.If the selected group is removed from your permission set, your default permission group is used for the dashboard context.
- ClickMore, and then clickSet as Home Page.
- In the confirmation dialog, clickYes.
The selected dashboard is now your home page.
Customize your User Account Settings
User accounts include settings that you can customize, such as the preferred language and the time zone. Your role rights determine the settings that you can customize. If your user account has the required role right, you can change the settings.
Follow these steps:
- Click the name of your user account in the upper-right corner, and then clickUser Settings. The following image shows this option:TheUser Settingsdialog opens.
- In theLanguage and Region Settingssection, modify your user account settings:
- Preferred LanguageSpecify a language for theNetOps Portaluser interface (UI).NetOps Portaldisplays the selected language regardless of the language selected for the operating system or for the browser language.For a language to display appropriately, the relevant fonts must be installed.For more information about the languages thatDX NetOps Performance Managementsupports, see Language Support.
- Email AddressDefines the email address for the user account.
- Time ZoneThe default time zone is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).Changing the time zone after email schedules are set up inNetOps Portalcan cause incorrect times to appear in the Scheduled Emails UI.
- Time Display FormatSelect the default time format, either 12 hours or 24 hours.Default:12 Hour Format
- Default GroupThe default context when you log in. The list includes only those groups from your permission groups.Default:/My Assigned Groups/All Groups
- In theDisplay Settingssection, modify the following user account settings:
- View SuppressionView suppression hides views when the required data source is not registered or when a required technology is not configured. Similar behavior applies to context tabs and custom menus. Menus and tabs that include only suppressed views are hidden. View suppression applies to the default views on out-of-the-box dashboards. View suppression does not hide views from administrators when they use the view categories to edit a dashboard.When the data source that populates a view is registered, that view is no longer hidden.Select one of the following options:
Default:Display All Views
- Display All ViewsView suppression is disabled and all views appear.
- Suppress ViewsView suppression is enabled and views are hidden by default. You can disable it for troubleshooting purposes, or to help you decide whether to deploy another data source.When views are suppressed (View Suppression is enabled) and you delete (unregister) a data source, those dashboards and menus containing a suppressed view might not appear inNetOps Portal. Dashboards, context tabs, and custom menus must contain at least one unsuppressed view.For more information about the affects of suppressing views and deleting data sources, see Configure a Data Source.
- Item Name Display Setting(Requires the View Item Display Name or Name Alias role right) Determines whether device and interface names appear as the display name or as the alias in dashboards and views.This option doesnotcontrol how devices and interfaces appear in the device or interface inventory lists.Select one of the following options:
Default:Use Item Display Name
- Use Item Display NameUsers see the device and interface names as the display name in dashboards and views.
- Use Item Name AliasUsers see the device and interface names as the alias in dashboards and views.
- Audio NotificationsDefines whether this user account receives audio notifications whenNetOps Portaladds new alarms and events to the Alarms and Events view on dashboards that include them, and when Auto Refresh is turned on (enabled).By default, Auto Refresh is turned off (disabled.)For more information about how to turn on Auto Refresh, see Manage Dashboards.Default:Disabled (this user does not receive audio notifications)
Change User Password
You can change the password for your user account.
You can change your user password (the
Change Passwordmenu option displays) only if LDAP is
notconfigured for your system.
Follow these steps:
- Click the name of your user account in the upper-right corner, and then clickChange Password.TheChange Passworddialog displays.
- Enter the old password.
- Enter the new password.By default, user passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Be different than the username
- Have a minimum length of 8 characters
- Have a maximum length of 30 characters
- Contain at least three of the following types of characters:
You can disable these requirements.
- Special characters
- Uppercase letters (A-Z)
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Confirm the new password.