Customize view options determine the method that is used to filter the data reported in views. The icons in the upper right of a view let you collapse views, modify view settings, and access context-sensitive documentation.
Customized view options determine the method that
NetOps Portaluses to filter the data reported in views. Use the icons in the upper right of a view to collapse views, modify view settings, and access context-sensitive documentation.
By default, all views on a dashboard show data from the same group and for the same time frame. You can change the data context for a particular view to show a specific group. You can compare data that was collected at different times by selecting a custom time range for a view.
For some types of views, you can customize the table or chart format. You can also select the data that is reported in custom views.
For more information:
In this article:
Set the Scope for View Settings
To determine which users see view changes, set the scope when changing the view settings. When editing a view, select the scope from the
Apply Changesdrop-down. The options are scoped according to permissions:
- My Current SessionSave the changes to the current session. Changes do not persist after the logged in session ends. Values set at this level supersede settings at theMy User AccountandFor All Tenant Userslevels during the logged in session. This option is available only after a view has been configured and added to a dashboard page.
- My User Account(Default)Save the changes to the current user account rendering the view. Changes persist after the logged in session ends and the user logs back in. Values set at this level supersede settings at theFor All Tenant Userslevel for the user account.
- For All Tenant UsersSave the changes to all user accounts associated with the tenant rendering the view. Values set at this level supersede the out-of-the-box default settings for all user accounts associated with tenant.
Restore the View Settings to Default Values
To return view settings to default values, when editing a view, click
Use Defaults. The view reverts to the default options. These changes apply only to the selected scope when you save the view.
Expect the following behavior for each scope:
- My Current SessionRestoring defaults clears the settings set at theMy Current Sessionlevel. Views use values set at theMy User Accountlevel, values set at theFor All Tenant Userslevel, or the out-of-the-box default settings.
- My User AccountRestoring defaults clears the settings set at theMy User Accountlevel. Views use values set at theFor All Tenant Userslevel or the out-of-the-box default settings.
- For All Tenant UsersRestoring defaults clears the settings set at theFor All Tenant Userslevel. Views use the out-of-the-box default settings.
New configuration options added to a view during and upgrade do not appear in views. To use new configuration options, reset the view to the default options.
Metric Filtering and Baseline Metrics
To include a metric in a view, select a metric from the
Metric Valuelist. Metrics fall into two profile types: counter or gauge and are reported in several categories, such as bytes, and percentages, such as utilization.
Metrics with a counter profile type are summed up overtime and rolled up as such. Metrics with a gauge profile type are averaged overtime.
The following options impact the available metrics in the
- Metric FamilyThe selectedMetric Familypopulates theMetric Valuelist with the metrics associated with theMetric Family. A metric family is a normalized categorization of metrics associated with device collections, vendor certifications, and monitoring profiles. The metric family contains information about the supported units and rollup strategy for when an associated metric is populated.
- Metric FilteringSelect to limit theMetric Valuelist to only the metrics that are appropriate to the metric profile type (counter or gauge). Clear this option to make available the metrics for the selectedMetric Family. If you select a metric that is inconsistent with the metric profile type, the metric is flagged with a warning.
- Baseline MetricsSelect to add baselines to theMetric Valuelist. Baseline data helps to characterize past performance for selected monitored parameters, assess present performance, and estimate future performance.For more information, see Baseline Calculations.
Set the Custom Time Range
To filter data based on specific time periods, select a custom time range for the view. A custom time range on a view overrides the time range that is set for the dashboard.
You can specify a custom time range for all views except the Calendar Heat Chart view and On-Demand Report Templates.
Follow these steps:
- Click the View Settings (gear) icon on the view, and then selectEditfrom the menu.The settings dialog for the view opens.
- In theCustomize Time Rangesection, complete the following, and then clickSave:
- Custom Time RangeSpecifies whether to define a custom time ranges. SelectEnabled.Options:Enabled, Disabled
- Time RangeWhen the custom time range is enabled, defines the custom time range.Options:Last Hour, Last 4 Hours, Last 8 Hours, Last 24 Hours, Last 7 Days, Last 14 Days, Last 30 Days, Last 3 Months, Last 12 Months, Yesterday, Previous Week, Previous Month, Today, Current Week, Current MonthDefault:Last Hour
The custom time range is set. The range is indicated in the subtitle of the view.
Assign a Business Hours Filter and a Time Zone to a View
You can show data in a view for particular business hours by assigning a business hours filter and time zone to the view. You can apply business hours filters to out-of-the-box views that report data from the data aggregator and to custom views. The view subtitle indicates if you have assigned a time zone and applied a business hours filter.
You can also apply a business hours filter to a view by associating the business hours definition with a site group and then apply this site group to the view. Views show data only if the group context includes groups with the assigned time zone.
NetOps Portalapplies the filter to all the devices and components in the site group.
Trend views (including MultiTrend views and MultiViews), dynamic trend views, calendar heat chart views, and trend views in on-demand reports display data with the periods
outsideof the applied business hours as shaded. The data in these views is not limited to the business hours.
Data are displayed as shaded only in the following circumstances:
- The data is on a page that has a specified site group with associated business hours.
- The data is on a page that has a specified business hours set at user-session level.
- The data is in a view that has a specified site group with associated business hours.
- The data is in a view that has an assigned a business hours filter and time zone.
When applying a business hours filter to a page as part of your user session or view, the business hours override other business hour settings in the following priority order:
- Business hours and time zone explicitly assigned to a view.
- Site group that is associated with a business hours filter explicitly applied to a view.
- Business hours filter applied to a dashboard or to a context page (user-session level business hours).
- Site group that is associated with a business hours filter specified at the context level.
When assigning a business hours filter and a time zone to a view, if the time frame is
outsidethe business hours, the view displays the following message:
No data is within business hours for this time frame
For more information:
- About business hours filters, see Configure Business Hours Filtering.
- About how trend views show business hours, see Trend Views.
- About how dynamic trend views show business hours, see Dynamic Trend Views.
- About how trend views in on-demand reports show business hours, see On-Demand Reports.
- About how calendar heat chart views show business hours, see Calendar Heat Chart Views.
Follow these steps:
- For the view that you want to assign a business hours filter and a time zone, click the View Settings (gear) icon, and then clickEdit.The view settings dialog opens.In theApply Business Hourssection, theCurrent Context Business Hourshows the applied business hours filter and time zone to the context page or session. TheCurrent View Business Hourshows the business hours filter that you have applied to the view.
- In theApply Business Hourssection, complete the following fields:
- Apply Business Hour FilterBy default, the view inherits the business hours filter applied to context pages (user-session level business hours). Enable this option to override this filter and assign a business hours filter and time zone to the view.
- Business Hours FilterSelect the business hours filter that you want to apply to the view. Or, to disable the business hours filter that is being applied to the context page, selectNo business hour selected. The list of business hours definitions are those that have been previously defined.
- Business hour and time zoneThe time zones from which you want to choose in theTime Zone Filterdrop-down.Options:
- Recommended hours/zones:Lists the time zones that are associated with the business hours that you have chosen.
- System defined hours/zones:Lists time zones that are associated to site groups.
- Any hours/zones:Lists all time zones.
- Time Zone FilterThe time zone that you want to assign to the view.
- (Optional) In theContext Settingssection, to show a particular site group in the view, selectFixed, and then select a site group.Ensure that the view shows data by selecting a site group that has the selected time zone and business hours.
The view filters data to the selected business hours according to the view type.
Change the Data Context for a View
View contexts act as filters that determine the nature of the data that views display.
Follow these steps:
- Click theView Settings(gear) icon in the view, and then clickEdit.The settings dialog for the view opens.
- In theContext Settingssection, complete the following, and then clickSave:
- ContextDefines the context for the view. Select the context according to the view type. SelectFixed.Options:
- Dynamic:Indicates that the context of the view changes with the context of the dashboard page.For more information, see Dashboards.
- Fixed:Indicates that the view shows data from a specified item, group, device, or component as the context for the data.
- Context TypeDefines the context type for the view.Options:Summary
- Current ItemDefines the group for the view context.
The view shows data only from the selected item or group. The view subtitle indicated the selected context and includes a lock icon.