Update Performance Center Website Settings
The Single Sign-On Configuration Tool lets you change the default settings for the npc website and web service. For example, you can specify a different host or port number for the npc web service. These settings instruct the Single Sign-On application how to connect to npc.
The Single Sign-On Configuration Tool lets you change the default settings for the
Performance Centerwebsite and web service. For example, you can specify a different host or port number for the
Performance Centerweb service. These settings instruct the Single Sign-On application how to connect to
Follow these steps:
- Log in to thePerformance Centerhost as root or with the 'sudo' command.
- Launch the Single Sign-On Configuration Tool by running the './SsoConfig' command in the following directory:InstallDirectory/PerformanceCenter/opt/CA is the default installation directory.You are prompted to select an option. The available options correspond to CA applications running on the local server.
- Use the following commands as needed while you are selecting settings:
- q (quit)
- b (go back to the previous menu)
- u (update)
- r (reset)
- Enter 1 to configurePerformance Center.You are prompted to select a configuration option.
- Enter 3 forPerformance Center.You are prompted to specify the priority.The Priority parameter only applies toPerformance Center.
- Enter one of the following options:
You are prompted to select a property to configure.Configure the scheme or port using Remote Value to include the correct CAPC URL in threshold event email messages.
- 1. Remote ValueThese settings are propagated to all other CA products and data sources that are registered to this instance ofPerformance Center. This includes the Event Manager inPerformance Center, which embeds the URL ofPerformance Center.Performance Centeruses Remote Value settings only if a corresponding Local Override value is not present.
- 2. Local OverrideOverrides a setting on thisPerformance Centerinstance, which does not propagate to other CA products and data sources (including Event Manager) registered to this instance ofPerformance Center. Local Override takes precedence over both the Remote Value and default settings.
- Enter one or more of the following properties. When prompted, enter u to update the value and supply a new value:
- 1. Web Service SchemeSpecifies the URL scheme for Device Manager service.
- 2. Web Service HostSpecifies the URL host for the Device Manager service.OpenAPI SSO Authentication must be able to accessPerformance Centerconsole and SSO ports. If these ports are blocked for the listed hostname or IP address, use a specified hostname or IP address with access to console and SSO ports.
- 3. Web Service PortSpecifies the URL port for the Device Manager service.
- 4. Web Service InventorySpecifies the URL path for the Device Manager inventory web service.
- 5. Web Service Data Source AdminSpecifies the URL path for the Device Manager data source web service.
- 6. Web Site SchemeSpecifies the URL scheme for all access to thePerformance Centerwebsite. If you have set up HTTPS, use https.
- 7. Web Site HostSpecifies the URL host for all access to thePerformance Centerwebsite.To use a specified hostname in emails instead of the IP address for thePerformance Centerhost, set the Remote Value to that hostname.
- 8. Web Site PortSpecifies the URL port for all access to thePerformance Centerwebsite.
- 9. Web Site PathSpecifies the URL path for all access to thePerformance Centerwebsite.
- 10. SMTP EnabledSpecifies whether the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is enabled to allowPerformance Centeroperators to email reports and event notifications.Default: Disabled
- 11. SMTP Server AddressIs the IP address of the SMTP server.Default: Disabled
- 12. SMTP Ports:Specifies the port to use for SMTP requests.Default: Port 25.
- 13. SMTP SSLSpecifies whether to use SSL encryption when sending email fromPerformance Centeror other CA data source products. Verify that SSL has been properly set up on your system before you enable this option.Default: Disabled
- 14. Email Reply AddressSpecifies the return address to use for email messages that are generated byPerformance Center. Enter u to update the value, and supply an email address. Use the format [email protected]
- 15. Email FormatSpecifies the format to use for email messages that are sent byPerformance Center. Enter u to update the value, and supply either HTML or text.
- 16. SMTP UsernameSpecifies a username to use when the email server challenges an SMTP request. Supply a username, or supply an empty string to disable client-side authentication.
- 17. SMTP PasswordSpecifies a username to use when the email server challenges an SMTP request. Supply any valid password. The SMTP Username parameter is required.
- Enter b when you have finished changing the default settings.You return to the previous set of options.
- Enter b again to go back to the first set of options.
- Enter q to quit.The Single Sign-On Configuration Tool closes.Performance Centerdirects all users to the Single Sign-On website using the new values that you supplied.