Inventory Pages and Views
The Inventory pages show lists of managed items from all data sources. The Inventory menu shows only categories of items currently available to the product from the registered data sources. This menu is also limited to items types that are members of the groups in your user account permission set.
The Inventory pages show lists of managed items from all data sources. The
Inventorymenu shows only categories of items currently available to the product from the registered data sources. This menu is also limited to items types that are members of the groups in your user account permission set.
Some dashboards and context pages show relevant inventory list views. These views show the same information as inventory pages.
Inventory lists provide minimal information to identify each item, such as device hostnames or IP addresses.
- To drill down to the context page for an item, click the item in the list.
- To sort by a column, click the column heading.
- To add or remove columns, hover over a column heading, and click the gear icon. ExpandColumns, and select or clear columns.
- To run and On-Demand report, select an item, and clickOn Demand.For more information, see On-Demand Reports.
- To retire a device, or mark it for maintenance, select the device, and clickManage Life Cycle.For more information, see Manage Device Life Cycles.
Inventory Hierarchy View
The inventory hierarchy view shows the group tree, devices, and components or interfaces. The group tree is pinned to the current group context for the dashboard or context page.
- Select a group to filter the devices, components, and interfaces to the members of that group.
- Select a device in the top pane to filter the interfaces or components in the bottom pane.The filter only shows results for a single device. If you select multiple devices, the bottom pane is not filtered.
Configure an Inventory Hierarchy View
For standard view configuration details, see Customize Views.
The inventory hierarchy view can show devices, components, and interfaces. To configure which item types appear, configure the following properties:
- Select whether to show devices, components, or both.
- If the view shows components, select the Component Context type. This property determines the type of components that appear in the view.