Back Up Performance Center
Back up npc before an upgrade. To avoid losing valuable data, back up and archive npc regularly.
Performance Centerbefore an upgrade. To avoid losing valuable data, back up and archive
Back Up the
Create a backup archive of the current database anytime that you plan to reinstall or upgrade the software. We recommend that you create a backup archive on a weekly basis.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to thePerformance Centerhost as 'root', or use the 'sudo' account that you configured for the installation.
- Estimate the size of the backup:du –hs MySql/data
- Stop all the Performance Center services, using the following commands:service caperfcenter_console stopservice caperfcenter_devicemanager stopservice caperfcenter_eventmanager stopservice caperfcenter_sso stop
- Change to a directory where you want to save the database archive:cd /$backupDirUse any secure location with sufficient space for the backup directory.
- Create a MySQL dump of the database using the following command:/opt/CA/MySql/bin/mysqldump netqosportal > $backupDir/netqosportal.sqlDuring the installation, you are prompted to 'Select a Location for the MySQL Data Directory'. The default location is /opt/CA/MySql/data.
- Create a MySQL dump of Event Manager data:/opt/CA/MySql/bin/mysqldump em > $backupDir/em.sql
- Compress these backup files to save space using the following commands:tar czvf netqosportal.tgz netqosportal.sqltar czvf em.tgz em.sql
- Remove the uncompressed MySQL dump files using the following commands:rm netqosportal.sqlrm em.sql
- Start thePerformance Centerservices on the new system as follows:
- Start the SSO service:service caperfcenter_sso start
- Wait one minute, then start the event manager and device manager:service caperfcenter_eventmanager startservice caperfcenter_devicemanager start
- Wait one minute, then start the console service:service caperfcenter_console start
Back Up Single Sign-On Configuration Files
If you configure single sign-on, backup the configuration settings. Use rsync or another preferred method, such as a script, to back these files up automatically.
Back up the following files:
Back up the following directories:
If you have enabled SSL, back up the following files:
Back Up Custom Settings
Custom OpenAPI applications reside on the
Performance Centerhost. If your deployment includes custom OpenAPI applications, back up the application folder:
If you use custom logos for your themes, back up the following files: