The following limitations have been identified in this release of capm:
The following limitations have been identified in this release of
CA Performance Management:
Apostrophes in Custom Attribute Descriptions
When a custom attribute description contains an apostrophe, the tooltip for the attribute does not render correctly in some situations.
CA Business IntelligenceDashboard Output for Synchronized Users
In some cases, synchronized users (created in CA
Performance Center) see blank PDF output from scheduled reports.
For more information, see the following Knowledge Base Article: TEC1156808.
CA Business IntelligenceChart Errors in Scheduled Jobs
When a scheduled CA Business Intelligence (CABI) report or dashboard is executed, pie charts may appear incomplete or may be missing a color.
This issue occurs in the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports Server.
To prevent this issue, complete the following steps:
- Open <CABI_INSTALL>/WEB-INF/js.quartz.base.properties.
- Change the default values as follows:org.quartz.jobStore.clusterCheckinInterval = 3600000org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=9org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority=9org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold=3600000
Calendar Heat Chart Limitation
If the hourly data retention is less than one month, the calendar heat chart shows a daily or weekly rollup of the data. The rendered chart is misleading in its hourly format.
Deprecated Top Performance by Application View
A change starting with
CA Application Delivery Analysis10.5 deprecated the Top Performance By Application view.
For this version of
CA Performance Management, the new Port List field replaces the Begin Port and End Port fields.
The deprecated view is now the Top Performance By Application - Deprecated view.
The new Top Performance By Application view was created to replace the deprecated view.
If all versions of
CA Application Delivery Analysishave been upgraded to at least version 10.5, administrators can edit the dashboards and can replace the deprecated view with the new view.
If not all Application Delivery Analysis data sources are above the specified version, administrators can edit the view title to remove the "Deprecated" text.
Future Web Services Deprecation
When you use the
Performance CenterUI to export vendor certifications, the
genericWSformat is used. The
genericWSformat will be deprecated in a future release. Therefore, we recommend that you use the
typecatalogweb services instead of the
For more information about using the
typecatalogweb services, see Create or Extend Vendor Certifications.
- For the first discovery, invalid certificates might cause devices, interfaces, and tunnels to be missing.
- After discovery, invalid certificates remove all items that belong to any invalidated devices (routers, interfaces, tunnels, and possibly sites).
Use Defaults Button Limitations
A view cannot be converted to report at a group level under the following circumstance:
- A context item filter is applied when adding on-demand reports or dynamic trend views to a page within Dashboard Builder.
Avoid reverting the view settings with the Use Defaults button at the All Tenant Users level under the following circumstance:
- You are editing a view that is locked to a device or interface that no longer exists in the system.
If the Use Defaults button is applied, do the following tasks:
- Edit the view twice to restore the metric selection.
- Add a new device or interface to the view before rendering data.
SDN/NFV Dashboard Limitations
The VNF Count by Type Stacked Chart in the SDN/NFV Virtual Inventory Overview dashboard does not show data for the last period. The data for the same period appears when you export the data to a CSV file.
The following limitations apply to SD-WAN monitoring:
- All SD-WAN tunnel reporting is processed at the device component level. Parent devices do not appear in the reported raw data. The edge device source, and destination, can be manually added to the tabular related reports. Pick the inventory columns on the rendered grid.
- The SD-WAN tunnel metrics (latency, packet loss, and jitter) do not support minimum, maximum, or baselines variants. Support for percentile metrics is available, but the support is not provided out-of-the-box and must be configured.
- The Data Aggregator Administration UI lets you configure projection metrics for the SD-WAN tunnel metrics (latency, packet loss, and jitter). However, these metrics do not have baselines. Therefore, projection metrics are unsupported for the SD-WAN tunnel metrics.
- No direct reconciliation of the SD-WAN edge devices to SNMP physical devices occurs. Therefore, reporting for the CPU and Memory utilization of edge devices is done from the virtual host metric family.
- No direct reconciliation of virtual interfaces to SNMP physical interfaces occurs.
- The parented edge device of the tunnel must report the virtual interface of the SD-WAN tunnels. Direct queries by the tunnel item are unsupported.
- SD-WAN tunnels do not have values in the description fields. The description values are always blank.
- The alias setting for the SD-WAN tunnel items is unsupported.
- The VNA Domain Sites are initially shown as numeric values. The site group can be altered with the Group Admin UI. Other alterations are not recommended under the SD-WAN Sites group.
- The SD-WAN Tunnel metric family is unsupported for On-Demand reports.
- If you set a custom time range to 30 minutes on an SD-WAN dashboard, the time bar charts and trend views have data gaps.
Theme Deployment Hangs
Theme deployment occasionally hangs when you use the Chrome browser. If this known limitation occurs, deploy the theme using Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser.
Time Zone Limitation in
CA Business IntelligenceReports
When you change a time zone for a
CA Business Intelligencereport, you can select only a time zone with a different offset. If the time zone is
(UTC-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito, the system does not register a selection with the same offset, such as
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time. To work around this issue, select a time zone with a different offset before selecting the desired time zone.
Viptela Inventory Includes Only Devices with Valid Certificates
The Viptela plug-in accurately interprets vEdge devices with "valid" certificate states. The Viptela plug-in cannot accurately interpret vEdge devices with "invalid" certificate states. If the certificate of a vEdge device is invalidated, the vEdge device is no longer discovered in the inventory. Associated interfaces are no longer reported, however tunnels are still reported and reference the interface underlay.
A vEdge device must have a valid security certificate to participate in a Viptela network. You can configure the certificate state from the vManage Certificates administration page.
To administer a certificate for a vEdge device:
- Log in to vManage.
- SelectCertificatesfrom theConfigurationsidebar drop-down.
- Select the desired administrative state for the device certificate in theValidatecolumn (Invalid, Staging, Valid).
For more information, see the Viptela product documentation. Viptela online documentation is available in by clicking the question mark (?) icon in the top menu bar in vManage.
Viptela Scale Boundary
Viptela has an upper boundary for the number of managed items. For example, depending on the size of your physical system, more than 1000 vEdge devices might cause issues.
The boundary depends on the following factors:
- Network bandwidth betweenCA Virtual Network Assuranceand vManage
- Number of vEdge devices
- Tunnel topology (for example, hub-and-spoke versus full mesh)
- Number of interfaces
- Number of SLA classes/policies
If the upper boundary is hit, you might notice the following issues:
- 24 hours after a fresh install, the inventory is incomplete.
- Managed items are missing.
- Performance data is missing.
- The performance cycle does not complete within the allotted time (10 minutes for inventory, 30 minutes for performance).
If you suspect an issue, go to the log in the following directory and look for any warnings or errors indicating a failure to receive responses: