Reachability Status and Contact Status
Reachability status and contact status indicate whether capm can communicate with a device. These states appear on various pages, such as the device details page and context pages.
Reachability status and contact status indicate whether
CA Performance Managementcan communicate with a device. These states appear on various pages, such as the device details page and context pages.
Some context pages, such as routers and servers, include the reachability status of the device. The reachability status indicates whether
CA Performance Managementcan reach the device during the selected time range of the context page. The value is based on the polled reachability metric for the device at the last poll cycle of the time range.
- Reachableindicates that the device reachable during the last poll cycle of the time range.
- Unreachableindicates that the device was unreachable during the last poll cycle of the time range.
- Unknownindicates that the device was not polled during the last poll cycle of the time range. This status may indicate that the device is retired or offline for maintenance.
The Details tab on the Monitored Device page shows the device Status. Status indicates the live status of a pingable or manageable device and is based on the outcome of active polling.
- Upindicates that the device is being successfully polled or pinged.
- Downindicates that at least two polls failed to receive a response. The managed item cannot be reached by SNMP or ping.
- Lost Connection to Data Collectorindicates that the Data Collection that is associated with the device is no longer network reachable or was shut down.
- Not Monitoredindicates that polling has been administratively disabled, for example by using the Stop Polling button.
- Management Lostindicates that the device is still pingable, but SNMP is no longer responding to poll requests. This status often indicates incorrect details in a recently changed SNMP profile.
- Unknownindicates an unexpected condition. The details are written to the Data Aggregator or Data Collector logs.