Back Up the Data Aggregator
To avoid losing your settings and custom certifications due to an unexpected failure, back up the data aggregator. Back up the data aggregator and the data repository during specific events, such as before an upgrade.
To avoid losing your settings and custom certifications due to an unexpected failure, back up the data aggregator. Back up the data aggregator and data repository during specific events, such as before an upgrade.
Stop the data repository, the data collector, or the data aggregator services when you back up the data aggregator. Backups are stored in the location that you specify, which can be on the data aggregator system or on a different backup host system.
Prerequisite:You have root or sudo privileges.
Follow these steps:
- From a command prompt, create a backup directory in a secure location on the same or different backup host system by issuing the following command:mkdirDA_Backup
- DA_BackupSpecifies the directory path and name of the backup directory.
- Create subdirectories within DA_Backup using all the following commands:mkdirDA_Backup/deploy_backupmkdir DA_Backup/cert_backupmkdirDA_Backup/MIBDepot_backupmkdirDA_Backup/CustomDeviceType_backupmkdirDA_Backup/etcmkdirDA_Backup/data
- Run the following commands to back up the files on the data aggregator:
By default, acaVerticaUtility.shscript is located in the/opt/CA/IMDataRepository*/directory. This script is a support tool available for exporting the iRep data from an existing system and importing it into a different schema. You can then query the iRep data to determine how the original system was configured.
- This command backs up the deploy directory:cp -rDA_install_directory/apache-karaf-version/deploy/*DA_Backup/deploy_backup
- DA_install_directorySpecifies the data aggregator install directory.Default:/opt/IMDataAggregator
- This command backs up your certifications:Do not back up thelocal-jms-broker.xmlfile and the README files from that directory.cp -rDA_install_directory/data/certificationsDA_Backup/cert_backupIn a fault-tolerant environment, a shared directory (example:/DASharedRepo) is defined to help limit data loss. Therefore, in a fault-tolerant environment, the files would be located in the following directory:cp -r DASharedRepo/certificationsDA_Backup/cert_backupFor more information, see Fault Tolerance.
- This command backs up all the custom MIBs in the MIBDepot directory:cp -rDA_install_directory/apache-karaf-version/MIBDepot/DA_Backup/MIBDepot_backupIf there are no customizations, this directory might be empty.
- This command backs up all the custom device subtype xml files:cpDA_install_directory/data/custom/devicetypes/DeviceTypes.xmlDA_Backup/CustomDeviceType_backup/In a fault-tolerant environment, the files would be located in the following directory:DASharedRepo/custom/devicetypes/DeviceTypes.xml
- This command backs up the etc directory files:cp -rDA_install_directory/apache-karaf-version/etcDA_Backup/
- This command backs up the data/log directory:cp -rDA_install_directory/apache-karaf-version/data/logDA_Backup/data/