The following limitations have been identified in this release of capm:
The following limitations have been identified in this release of
CA Performance Management:
Added By Column Value Overwritten
The "Rule" value of the Added By column in a list of managed items is sometimes overwritten when a new item is added to a group manually. This known limitation can impact the items tied to the rule when rules are updated or removed.
Alarms Tab on Customized Context Pages
The Alarms tab is automatically added to most device-level context pages. For customized device-level context pages, you must manually add the Alarms tab. If you have many tenants with customized device-level context pages, work with CA Support to streamline the addition of the Alarms tab.
Apostrophes in Custom Attribute Descriptions
When a custom attribute description contains an apostrophe, the tooltip for the attribute does not render correctly in some situations.
Blank CA Business Intelligence Dashboard Output
In some cases, synchronized users (created in
CA Performance Center) see blank PDF output from scheduled reports.
In some cases, users see blank PDF output because of a misconfiguration in the
For more information, see the Jaspersoft Community.
Bulk Data Export Unsupported in Fault Tolerant Environments
The bulk data export feature is unsupported in environments with fault tolerant Data Aggregators.
CA Business Intelligence Chart Errors in Scheduled Jobs
When a scheduled CA Business Intelligence (CABI) report or dashboard is executed, pie charts may appear incomplete or may be missing a color.
This issue occurs in the CA Business Intelligence JasperReports Server.
To prevent this issue, complete the following steps:
- Open <CABI_INSTALL>/WEB-INF/js.quartz.base.properties.
- Change the default values as follows:
org.quartz.jobStore.clusterCheckinInterval = 3600000 org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=9 org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority=9 org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold=3600000
CA Business Intelligence Failed Export for Scheduled Jobs
If you export everything for a scheduled job from the CABI user interface, the dashboards are not exported.
To workaround this issue, use the user interface, js-export, or the REST API to export each dashboard individually.
CA Business Intelligence Report and Input Control Issues
Scheduled CABI reports and saved input controls for reports might work incorrectly after upgrade. This issue occurs because this release introduces changes to the report input controls. Some input controls were added, some were removed, and some were changed. For example, if a TopN report was scheduled for two metrics of Interface metric family, after you upgrade, the scheduled report shows four variables. We recommend that your recreate scheduled reports and report templates after upgrade.
Deprecated Top Performance by Application View
A change starting with
CA Application Delivery Analysis10.5 deprecated the Top Performance By Application view.
For this version of
CA Performance Management, the new Port List field replaces the Begin Port and End Port fields.
The deprecated view is now the Top Performance By Application - Deprecated view.
The new Top Performance By Application view was created to replace the deprecated view.
If all versions of
CA Application Delivery Analysishave been upgraded to at least version 10.5, administrators can edit the dashboards and can replace the deprecated view with the new view.
If not all Application Delivery Analysis data sources are above the specified version, administrators can edit the view title to remove the "Deprecated" text.
Disabled Trend Charts with Events
Trend charts with events are disabled when the time range is greater than 3 months.
Device Context Page:
- Availability Trend with Events
- Average CPU Utilization Trend with Events
- Average Memory Utilization Trend with Events
Interface Context Page:
- Interface Utilization/Discard Out Trend with Events
- Interface Utilization/Discard In Trend with Events
- Interface Utilization Out Trend/Baseline Detail with Events
- Interface Utilization In Trend/Baseline Detail with Events
Empty PDFs After Scheduled Job Executions for CABI Dashboards
The PDFs of
CA Performance ManagementMonitoring Status and
CA Performance ManagementOverview – Product Usage dashboard reports are not generated after a scheduled job execution. There is no workaround to generate the PDFs for the two dashboard reports as we do not have a menu item to save the reports in the PDF format.
Extended Flow Views
You can drill down
CA Network Flow Analysisdata for an interface within
CA Performance Centerwithout having to navigate to
CA Network Flow Analysis.
Extended flow views have the following known limitations:
- The search box on the related table views does not filter the content in the data results.
- Extended flow views on the interfaced context page cannot be exported in a scheduled report.
- Extended flow views on the dashboard page cannot be exported in a scheduled report containing all pages.
- The maximum rows are limited for performance. By default, the Top Selection table views are 1000 rows and the Trend Table views are 25 rows.
- For upgrades only, you must manually add extended flow views to customized interface context pages. If you have many tenants with customized interface context pages, do the following post-installation steps:
Even for environments withCA Network Flow Analysis9.x and earlier, we recommend that you run the post-installation script. Running the post-installation script helps to ensure compatibility with the latest version when it is enabled.
- On theCA Performance Centerserver, change to the following directory:cdPC_install_directory/SQL/plugins/reporter
- Follow the steps described in the ReadMe file.
- If the data source isCA Network Flow Analysis10.x and higher, the links in the charts and tables in the IP Performance page open the corresponding network flow pages withinCA Performance Management. If the data source isCA Network Flow Analysis9.x and earlier, the links open the corresponding pages in theCA Network Flow Analysisconsole.
For more information, see Context Pages.
Future Web Services Deprecation
When you use the
CA Performance CenterUI to export vendor certifications, the
genericWSformat is used. The
genericWSformat will be deprecated in a future release. Therefore, we recommend that you use the
typecatalogweb services instead of the
CA Performance CenterUI.
For more information about using the
typecatalogweb services, see Create or Extend Vendor Certifications.
Group Scorecard Table Metric Fields
The first time you edit the view settings for a group scorecard table view you might encounter an issue with the selected metrics. If you change between Hierarchy Calculate Levels and Metric Calculate Levels, your selected metric fields might clear. For example, if you select several metric fields, and then change the selection from
by Device, your selected metric fields clear.
Input Parameter for Schema During CABI Installation Not Updated
During the CABI content installation when you provide the input parameter for schema as "https", the
CA Performance ManagementData Source page schema field displays "http".
After you install CABI content, login as administrator in the CABI server.
Open View, Repository page and extract "root-Public-ca-Performance Management - datasources" folder.
Edit the CA PM datasource to change Schema parameter to "https" and click Save.
You need not restart the CABI service.
- For the first discovery, invalid certificates might cause devices, interfaces, and tunnels to be missing.
- After discovery, invalid certificates remove all items that belong to any invalidated devices (routers, interfaces, tunnels, and possibly sites).
Keys for ActiveMQ Communication
If you have authenticated and encrypted activeMQ communication, you must regenerate the keys before this upgrade. For more information, see Authenticate and Encrypt ActiveMQ Communication.
For the first and last name prompt, you must enter the host name of the system where you are creating the certification.
Without new keys, the Data Aggregator and Data Collector cannot communicate.
Screen Reader Limitations
When you use a screen reader with the Chrome browser, the contents of charts (for example, points, legend entries, and so on) are not read aloud. This issue is cause by a limitation with the Chrome browser. When you use a screen reader with other browsers including Firefox and Safari, the contents of charts are read alound.
When you use a screen reader to read the contents of charts, the up and down arrow keys are not available. Usually, you must use the screen reader key in conjunction with the left and right arrow keys to move focus in the chart.
When you use a screen reader to read the contents of grids using Internet Explorer, the tooltips associated with icons in the grids are not always read aloud due to a limitation in Internet Explorer.
When use a web browser with the zoom setting of the browser set to greater than 100%, the minimum supported browser window size increases by the zoom factor. For example, if the zoom setting is set to 200%, the minimum required browser window width is 2048 pixels (1024 pixels times 2).
Search for NFA Drill-Down Pages
- Search must be on name or description fields.
- Protocol search does not work on the group protocols(ip,ipv6,tcp,udp) as they are not single protocols.
- When searching the Hosts, you must provide the host name without braces. For example, if the host name is (10.10.1.2), the host name you must search will be 10.10.1.2.
- When searching a conversation, you must use the Server IP or the Client IP. For example, when searching for the conversation "10.19.19.179 - 10.20.20.179", the search value must be 10.19.19.179 or 10.20.20.179. "10.19.19.179 - 10.20.20.179" is not allowed.
- For ToS search, search without braces '()' of ToS description. For example, if the ToS description is ToS 20 (ToS 20), the search value must be ToS20. For a ToS format like AF12 (DSCP12) ECT=0;CE=1 (ToS 49), the search value must be AF12 (DSCP12) ECT=0.
- Search does not work on 'other' as it is group of items.
Use Defaults Button Limitations
A view cannot be converted to report at a group level under the following circumstance:
- A context item filter is applied when adding on-demand reports or dynamic trend views to a page within Dashboard Builder.
Avoid reverting the view settings with the Use Defaults button at the All Tenant Users level under the following circumstance:
- You are editing a view that is locked to a device or interface that no longer exists in the system.
If the Use Defaults button is applied, do the following tasks:
- Edit the view twice to restore the metric selection.
- Add a new device or interface to the view before rendering data.
SDN/NFV Dashboard Limitations
The VNF Count by Type Stacked Chart in the SDN/NFV Virtual Inventory Overview dashboard does not show data for the last period. The data for the same period appears when you export the data to a CSV file.
The following limitations apply to SD-WAN monitoring:
- All SD-WAN tunnel reporting is processed at the device component level. Parent devices do not appear in the reported raw data. The edge device source, and destination, can be manually added to the tabular related reports. Pick the inventory columns on the rendered grid.
- The SD-WAN tunnel metrics (latency, packet loss, and jitter) do not support minimum, maximum, or baselines variants. Support for percentile metrics is available, but the support is not provided out-of-the-box and must be configured.
- The Data Aggregator Administration UI lets you configure projection metrics for the SD-WAN tunnel metrics (latency, packet loss, and jitter). However, these metrics do not have baselines. Therefore, projection metrics are unsupported for the SD-WAN tunnel metrics.
- No direct reconciliation of the SD-WAN edge devices to SNMP physical devices occurs. Therefore, reporting for the CPU and Memory utilization of edge devices is done from the virtual host metric family.
- No direct reconciliation of virtual interfaces to SNMP physical interfaces occurs.
- The parented edge device of the tunnel must report the virtual interface of the SD-WAN tunnels. Direct queries by the tunnel item are unsupported.
- SD-WAN tunnels do not have values in the description fields. The description values are always blank.
- The alias setting for the SD-WAN tunnel items is unsupported.
- The VNA Domain Sites are initially shown as numeric values. The site group can be altered with the Group Admin UI. Other alterations are not recommended under the SD-WAN Sites group.
- The SD-WAN Tunnel metric family is unsupported for On-Demand reports.
- If you set a custom time range to 30 minutes on an SD-WAN dashboard, the time bar charts and trend views have data gaps.
SD-WAN Tunnel and Application Paths Dashboard Limitations
CA Performance Managementreleases before 3.6, the site selected in the Map view filtered the Time Bar view. In
CA Performance Managementrelease after 3.6, the selected site in the Map view does
notfilter this view. However, you can use the search bar to filter the view by site name. For more information, see Monitor SD-WAN.
Theme Deployment Hangs
Theme deployment occasionally hangs when you use the Chrome browser. If this known limitation occurs, deploy the theme using Firefox or Internet Explorer as your browser.
Time Zone Limitation in
CA Business IntelligenceReports
When you change a time zone for a
CA Business Intelligencereport, you can select only a time zone with a different offset. If the time zone is
(UTC-05:00) Bogota, Lima, Quito, the system does not register a selection with the same offset, such as
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time. To work around this issue, select a time zone with a different offset before selecting the desired time zone.
Top Enterprise Flow Views
If you have CA Network Flow Analysis 10.0 or higher, the links in the Top Enterprise Hosts by Volume view and the Top Enterprise Protocols by Volume view do not work. If you have view suppression enabled, these views do not appear in the relevant dashboards (for example, the Infrastructure Overview dashboard) or context pages. You can find useful information in the new Network Interface Performance dashboard. These views perform as expected with CA Network Flow Analysis 9.5 and lower.
Viptela Inventory Includes Only Devices with Valid Certificates
The Viptela plug-in accurately interprets vEdge devices with "valid" certificate states. The Viptela plug-in cannot accurately interpret vEdge devices with "invalid" certificate states. If the certificate of a vEdge device is invalidated, the vEdge device is no longer discovered in the inventory. Associated interfaces are no longer reported, however tunnels are still reported and reference the interface underlay.
A vEdge device must have a valid security certificate to participate in a Viptela network. You can configure the certificate state from the vManage Certificates administration page.
To administer a certificate for a vEdge device:
- Log in to vManage.
- SelectCertificatesfrom theConfigurationsidebar drop-down.
- Select the desired administrative state for the device certificate in theValidatecolumn (Invalid, Staging, Valid).
For more information, see the Viptela product documentation. Viptela online documentation is available in by clicking the question mark (?) icon in the top menu bar in vManage.
Viptela Scale Boundary
Viptela has an upper boundary for the number of managed items. For example, depending on the size of your physical system, more than 1000 vEdge devices might cause issues.
The boundary depends on the following factors:
- Network bandwidth betweenCA Virtual Network Assuranceand vManage
- Number of vEdge devices
- Tunnel topology (for example, hub-and-spoke versus full mesh)
- Number of interfaces
- Number of SLA classes/policies
If the upper boundary is hit, you might notice the following issues:
- 24 hours after a fresh install, the inventory is incomplete.
- Managed items are missing.
- Performance data is missing.
- The performance cycle does not complete within the allotted time (10 minutes for inventory, 30 minutes for performance).
If you suspect an issue, go to the log in the following directory and look for any warnings or errors indicating a failure to receive responses: