Installing CA Spectrum in a Distributed Environment
Distributed Installation Requirements
Ensure that you meet the following requirements before you start a distributed installation:
- Establish a TCP/IP connection from the target system to remote systems.In firewall environments, ensure that port 46517 is opened during a distributed installation.
- Verify that the time setting on the installer host is synchronized to within 2 minutes of the time setting on the remote hosts. This setting is required for secure authentication with theCA SpectrumRemote Administration Daemon.
- Verify that the remote hosts have sufficient disk space. TheCA Spectrumdistributed installation copies temporary files to temporary directories on the target system. Therefore, it requires at least 100 MB of disk space in the temp or tmp directories. For Windows, you can edit the default TEMP location as a user Environment Variable.
Types of Distributed Installations
CA Spectrumlets you select the type of distributed installation that meets your requirements.
The following table shows the available types of distributed installations and their corresponding procedures found in this section:
Type of Distributed Installation
CA Spectruminstallation on Solaris or Linux
CA Spectrumfrom 9.3 or later on Linux or Solaris
CA Spectruminstallation on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
CA Spectrumfrom 9.3 or later on supported Windows platforms
How to Perform a Distributed Installation
CA Spectrumdistributed installation is a command line interface that lets you install
CA Spectrumand the OneClick web server (locally and remotely). Different types of installations can be performed on each system. For example, you can install the following items in a single distributed installation:
- OneClick web server only
- SpectroSERVERand OneClick web server
CA Spectrumdistributed installation has the following components:
- CA SpectrumRemote Administration (SRAdmin) DaemonAllows for secure, remote installations without requiring that you manually set up the NFS mounts or Microsoft Network File shares. A time-critical Triple-DES encryption is used to ensure that the root/Administrator account/password information is safe when it is passed between daemons. Install SRAdmin on each remote system where you installCA Spectrum.
- CA SpectrumDistributed Installation Client (sdicsol.exe for Solaris, sdiclinux.exe for Linux, and sdicnt.exe for Windows)Launches multiple installations across multiple machines and collects the results of these installations. The distributed installation client requires the following files:
- Password fileContains accounts and passwords for remote computers.
- Host installation fileContains installation information. The topic HII File Parameters contains important information about the required contents of this file.
To perform a distributed installation, complete these steps: