Upgrading CA Spectrum
Upgrading from Earlier Versions
This release supports direct upgrades from the following versions of CA Spectrum:
- 9.3 H01
- 9.3 H02
If you are on 9.2.x, come to 9.3 or 9.4 to directly upgrade to 10.0. For more information about upgrading to 9.3 or 9.4, see the 9.3 or 9.4 documentation.
After upgrading to CA Spectrum 10.0, you must install CABI 4.1 SP3 for generating reports. CA Spectrum 10.0 is not compatible with earlier versions of CABI. CABI 4.1 SP3 is a fresh installation and it does not support upgrades from CABI 3.x. For more information, see the Upgrade CABI section.
Pre-Upgrade and Post-Upgrade Tasks
Before you upgrade
CA Spectrum, complete these tasks:
- Stop all running applications other thanCA Spectrum.
- Stop the followingCA Spectrumapplications:
- Shut down all OneClick clients by logging off all users from OneClick in the Client Details web page in the OneClick home page.
- Stop theSpectroSERVERand the Archive Manager by clicking StopSpectroSERVERin theCA SpectrumControl Panel and then close theCA SpectrumControl Panel. Or you can stop theSpectroSERVERand Archive Manager from command line by running the "<$SPECROOT>/bin/stopSS.pl" as Spectrum Owner at the command prompt.
- Stop all VnmSh connections.
For more information about stopping VnmSh connections, see the
- Close all Bash shells.
- If you have installedSpectrum Report Manager, verify that free disk space on the system is at least twice the size of the largest MYD file under$SPECROOT/mysql/data/reporting.
- Do not install third-party software that uses MySQL because the results can be unpredictable.
After you upgrade, complete these tasks:
- If you directly upgraded from 9.3, run the "RecreateLACPModels.pl" script to reconfigure your existing LACP-enabled interface models. This script is located at "C:\win32app\Spectrum\Install-Tools\PostInstall". For more information, see Reconfigure LACP-Enabled Interface Models.
- If you configured OneClick to launch from Report Manager using SSL, configure this modification again.