eHealth and CA Spectrum
The eh and sp integration helps you maintain critical service levels across complex network environments. The integration combines the automated availability and performance management of eh with the sp network service and analysis platform.
CA Spectrumintegration helps you maintain critical service levels across complex network environments. The integration combines the automated availability and performance management of
CA eHealthwith the
CA Spectrumnetwork service and analysis platform.
CA Spectrummanages networks, pinpoints and corrects problems, and alerts you to changes in the network or device status. The system creates a model of every entity in the network, including cables, network devices, servers, and applications.
CA Spectrumprovides a seamless view of the enterprise network.
The historical data and automated reporting capabilities of
- Automate the tasks of calculating long-term trends, providing a baseline for network resources.
- Provide performance reports for critical network components such as backbones, server clusters, and internet links.
CA eHealthalso offers proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning features.
CA Spectrumintegration gives you significant time and productivity benefits. The integration lets you:
- UseCA eHealthto discover devices automatically thatCA Spectrummanages, eliminating the need to reenter and continually update configuration data manually.
- AccessCA eHealthreports, such as At-a-Glance and Trend, directly from theCA SpectrumOneClick topology. Quick access gives you an overview of device status and in-depth historical information.
- To reduce the mean-time-to-repair for network issues, you can:
- Manage the Live Exceptions alarms from theCA SpectrumOneClick console
- View Alarm Detail reports
- Clear alarms
- AccessCA eHealthreports from theCA Spectrumalarms, giving you a historical context for more effective troubleshooting.
- UseCA eHealthfor capacity planning, proactive troubleshooting, performance optimization, and service level management of your network components thatCA Spectrummanages.
The integration of the current version of
CA eHealthRelease 6.0 or higher provides a cohesive view of the integration by:
- Supporting theCA eHealthHigh Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) failover scenarios. InCA eHealthHigh Availability and Disaster Recovery failover scenarios, a secondary server takes over for a primary server when required.
- Providing a location withinCA SpectrumOneClick for configuring integration options for individualCA eHealthservers.
- Creating a set of models that represents aCA eHealthserver cluster and its constituent parts. The server models are accessible under the existingCA eHealthManager tree inCA SpectrumOneClick. A standaloneCA eHealthsystem is modeled as a cluster consisting of oneCA eHealthserver.