Set Report Manager Preferences
The Preferences option enables you to configure multiple
Spectrum Report Manageroptions.
The purge process for the event table is enhanced to use the truncate command instead of the delete command to expedite the purge process. To streamline the partition life cycle,
DX NetOps Spectrumnow uses Partition Handler which uses MySQL information schema to determine the creation/deletion of partitions. SRM, now processes the other landscapes sync, even if one landscape is in an Error state. You can remove the stale buckets of any landscape using the
./RpmgrlnitializeLandscape.bat root -remStaleBuckets <landscape name>command.
Follow these steps:
- Access theSpectrum Report ManagerAdministration tab.
- Select the Reporting Manager, Preferences option.The Preferences panel appears.
- Specify the following information:
- Data Retention Period (days) - Transformed Tables(Default = 90 days) Specifies the retention period by entering the number of days in the Retention Period (days) field. Archive Expert provides a suggested retention period estimate that is based on disk space consumption trends for the alarm, asset, availability, event, and SPM test result data tables.Data older than the retention period is archived at 12:30 AM daily.Uncleared alarms and ongoing outages that fall within the retention period are neither archived nor purged. The alarm or outage data is archived or purged if the alarm is cleared or the outage ends outside of the retention period (for example, before the beginning of the retention period).
- Data Retention Policy
- All Data -- (Default) Retains all data inSpectrum Report Managerreporting database for reporting purposes. No archival or purging ofSpectrum Report Managerdata occurs.
- Archive -- Moves data from the reporting database to the archival database.
- Purge -- Purges data older than the specified ‘retention period’. Data is permanently removed fromSpectrum Report Managerdatabase.
- Monitor SRM using aDX NetOps SpectrummodelDX NetOps Spectrumcreates aSpectrum Report ManagerApplication model that is associated with the local VNM on the installation server whenSpectrum Report Manageris first started after installation. By default, the model serves as a destination for events and alarms that are generated bySpectrum Report Manager. This means you can monitor the status ofSpectrum Report Managerfrom the OneClick Console. You can, however, select the destination for event and alarm information. If you disable monitoring, event information is written to the Tomcat log files.Spectrum Report Managermonitors its own status. It sends events toSpectrum Report Managerapplication model when the following indications occur:DX NetOps Spectrumgenerates (non-persistent) alarms for some of these events and clears them when they are rectified.IfSpectrum Report ManagerTomcat server is not connected to the model domain that contains the SRM Application model, events are sent to a log file.
- Spectrum Report Managerloses and regains contact with a landscape, is not monitoring any landscapes, landscapes are added and removed from the list of monitored landscapes.
- Spectrum Report Managerloses and regains contact withDX NetOps SpectrumArchive Manager.
- Spectrum Report Managerhas an event processing failure and the event processing is resumed.
- OneClick serverThis field represents the OneClick server URL used for model-based contextual report launches. For example, asset links within reports are launched to that model in OneClick. By default, the OneClick Console opens from the OneClick server installed withDX NetOps SpectrumReporting. You can specify another server in the OneClick Server field.DX NetOps Spectrumopens a default OneClick Console view when you click Start OneClick in the option menu. It also opens a OneClick Console topology view of an asset when you click an asset link in a report. By default, the OneClick Console opens from the OneClick server installed withDX NetOps SpectrumReporting. You can specify another server in the OneClick Server field.If you plan to access OneClick from a domain that is different from the domain in which the OneClick is located, enter the fully qualified server name. Enter the port number of the OneClick server you want to accessonlyif the OneClick server was installed using a port number other than 80.
- If the port number HTTP default 80, enter:http://<servername or fully qualified servername>
- If the port number is not default 80, enter:http://<servername or fully qualified servername>:<portnumber
- Ignore Event Poll Task Older than (milliseconds)This configuration helps you to ignore polling tasks that are taking long time. Specify the time (in milliseconds) to ignore the polling task that is older than the specified time. The default time is set to 750 milliseconds. Contact CA Support to know more about the recommended time settings.
- Custom Report Logo Image File Path (on the BOXI server's file system)To see your custom logo in the report, provide the custom logo file (.bmp file) location details on the BOXI server, where it is saved.
- Data Retention Period (days) - Event TableEnter the retention period for the event table specifically. As this is one of the fastest-growing tables, you can set this retention period individually. The data retention amounts are saved through Archive Expert.You can set the retention period maximum to 365 days only for Event Table. Even if you set the retention period greater than 365 days, the data that is older than 365 days is automatically deleted from the Event Table.
- instant_event_poller_processing_intervalThe parameter lets the SRM process only the model create/destroy events and alarm events at five minutes of interval. However, you can configure the polling interval. All other events are processed at 60 minutes of interval. The configuration helps you get the updated inventory and alarms data in the report based on the configuration interval rather than the regular 60 minutes time frame.
- MySQL Performance Monitor EnabledEnable this option to capture the MySQL configuration variables at the time of tomcat restart (every time). The captured data helps to troubleshoot MySQL related issues.
- Enable SecurityEnables model-based security inDX NetOps SpectrumReporting environment. By default, security is not enabled. For more information, see the Report Manager section.
- Jasper User SyncUse theJasper User Syncoption to control the synchronization of theDX NetOps Spectrumusers with the Jasper server. The default value is True. Users are synchronized every hour during the event polling. During the synchronization, Spectrum Report Manager checks whether the user exists or not in Jasper. Spectrum Report Manager creates users with the default roles equivalent to theDX NetOps Spectrumuser roles. The default password is the same as the username. Once the user is created, the roles and passwords of the users are not modified or synchronized by the Spectrum Report Manager. Users can now customize the roles and change the password.
- Click Update Preferences to save preference settings.Spectrum Report Managerpreference settings are saved.