This page describes the
DX NetOps Spectrumand CA UIM Bidirectional integration by covering the following topics:
If you are setting up the integration for the first time using
CA Spectrum10.2.3 and CA UIM 8.5.1/ 8.5.1 (SP1) using the spectrumgtw probe v8.65; you can no longer enable the bidirectional integration from the
DX NetOps SpectrumOneClick Administration > UIM Configuration page. You need to first select
SpectrumGateway Integrationfrom the OneClick Admin > UIM Configuration page, enable the Alarm Integration checkbox and then configure additional parameters in the Alarm Configuration section of the spectrumgtw Admin Console, to initiate the bidirectional alarm integration.
For more information, see spectrumgtw Admin Console.
For more information about the integration of
DX NetOps Spectrumwith other CA products, see Integration Compatibility.
In previous releases of CA UIM, the nisapi_service_host package was deployed to the service_host probe. As of CA UIM release 8.47, the service_host probe was deprecated and its functionality was moved to the wasp probe.
- By default,the wasp probe uses port 80. However, because the wasp probe is a core component in CA UIM, this port should already be open in a properly functioning CA UIM environment. For more information, refer to the wasp probe documentation.
You can enable bidirectional integration between
CA Spectrumr10.3 and CA UIM 8.5.1 using the spectrumgtw probe v8.66. This bidirectional integration enables the following functionalities:
- Reception of all CA UIM alarms byDX NetOps Spectrum.This functionality enablesDX NetOps Spectrumusers to update (acknowledge, unacknowledge, clear, assign and unassign troubleshooter, and create service desk ticket) CA UIM alarms in OneClick. CA UIM receives such updates when its alarms are updated in OneClick.
- Reception ofDX NetOps Spectruminventory information and allDX NetOps Spectrumalarms by CA UIM.This functionality enables:
- CA UIM to maintain an updatedDX NetOps Spectruminventory information based on a specific global collection in OneClick.
- CA UIM to receive allDX NetOps Spectrumalarms. As a result, CA UIM users can update (acknowledge, unacknowledge, clear, assign and unassign troubleshooter, and create service desk ticket)DX NetOps Spectrumalarms.DX NetOps Spectrumreceives such updates when its alarms are updated in CA UIM.
- If you were using the uni-directional integration, you should turn off the associated profile in the snmpgtw probe before you start using the spectrumgtw probe for bidirectional integration.
- Ensure that the snmpgtw probe is not configured with the SpectroSERVER you are configuring, for the bidirectional integration using spectrumgtw probe.
- Inventory is a list of devices from single or multiple landscapes.
- The deletion ofDX NetOps Spectrummodels in CA UIM is not supported.
- Even if you have enabled the integration for Server Management and VMware Management, you can enable this bidirectional integration provided that you deploy and configure the spectrumgtw probe. In this case, integration for Server and VMware Management, and the bidirectional integration work without any conflict.
Enable the Bidirectional Integration
You need to complete the following steps to enable this integration:
- Verify the following prerequisites:
- CA Spectrumv10.3 and CA UIM v8.51 are deployed.
- The spectrumgtw probe (v8.66) is deployed and configured. For more information on the Spectrum Gateway probe, see spectrumgtw AC Configuration.
- The CA Unified Infrastructure Management Alarm Server (nas) probe v9.00 or higher must be installed and activated.
- The CA Unified Infrastructure Management trellis probe should be active and theSpectrum UIM Servicesservice should be running.
- Configure theUIM Configurationpage on theDX NetOps SpectrumOneClick Administration page.
- Select the bidirectional integration option on theUIM Configurationpage
To enable the bidirectional integration, follow these steps:
- Launch theDX NetOps SpectrumOneClick home page, and clickAdministration.
- From the left Navigation pane, select UIM Configuration.
- In the UIM Configuration section, enter the following information in the corresponding fields:
- UIM Server Host Name
- UIM Server Port
- UMP Server Host Name
- UMP Server Port
- UMP Server Protocol
- UIM Group NamePlease specify the UIM group name in this field if you want selective inventory synchronization (of the UIM group specified) from CA UIM toDX NetOps Spectrum.
- Select the dedicated SpectroSERVER from the drop-down list.The new devices that are managed by CA UIM will be created under the selected SpectroSERVER.
- Select thecheckbox.DX NetOps Spectrum-UIM Bidirectional Management
- Verify that the UIMAdmin container model of type EventAdmin is created inOneClick-> Universe topology.You have enabled theDX NetOps Spectrumand CA UIM bidirectional integration successfully.
You need to create a global collection of the devices (and their interfaces) that you want to share with CA UIM. Once the global collection is created with all the required devices, CA UIM receives that inventory information.
DX NetOps Spectruminventory information is synchronized in CA UIM when new devices are included or deleted from that global collection.
DX NetOps Spectruminventory need not include devices that belong to the following model types or their derivatives:
The following procedure describes the search criteria that exclude these devices. If these devices are included in the global collection, they do not appear in CA UIM.
Follow these steps:
- FromOneClick->Navigation paneright-clickGlobal Collections, and selectCreate Global Collection.
- Enter the following details in theCreate Global Collectiondialog for this global collection:
- NameFor example, enter "InventoryGC".
- Security String
- ClickLandscapesto include devices from all the required landscapes in a DSS environment.
- ClickSearch Optionsto specify the search criteria for including devices in this global collection.The Search Options dialog appears.
- In theSearch Criteriapane, click theShow Advanced >>button.TheHintspane appears.
- Click theAdd Existingbutton.TheAdd Existing Searchdialog appears.
- ExpandModels, and selectUIM Bidirectional Search.
- ClickOK.You come back to theSearch Optionsdialog.
- In theUpdate Optionspane, selectReal-Time updateand then ClickOK.You come back to the Create Global Collection dialog.
- Click OK.A global collection called "InventoryGC" is created, and then based on the search criteria devices are added to InventoryGC.
- In a Fault-Tolerant environment, to avoid model mismatch between SpectroSERVERs, perform Online Backup from a Primary MLS/Non-MLS SpectroSERVER to the respective Secondary SpectroSERVER.
- You must enable the bidirectional integration and run a successful full synchronization of inventory and alarms, before performing the online backup.
- If the CA UIM-DX NetOps Spectrumintegration is enabled in an FT setup, it is recommended that you synchronize the Primary and Secondary SpectroSERVERs after the first successful synchronization. This will ensure that you have the integration data backed up in case the Primary/ dedicated SS (specified in the OneClick Admin > UIM Configuration) goes down.
- It is also recommended that you synchronize the Primary and Secondary SpectroSERVERs, after a successful synchronization job, if you are moving Datacenters from an MLS to a Non-MLS landscape.
Custom Attributes Synchronization
Using the Spectrum and UIM integration you can synchronize the UIM custom attributes from UIM to Spectrum. When you enable the
DX NetOps Spectrum-UIM Bidirectional Management integration, the following custom attributes are synced from UIM to
DX NetOps Spectrum.
- User Tag 1
- User Tag 2
- Custom 1
- Custom 2
- Custom 3
- Custom 4
- Custom 5
Follow these steps to view the custom attributes in
DX NetOps Spectrum:
- Open the OneClick Administration page.
- Navigate toAdministrationtab >UIM Configurationlink in the left panel.
- Select theoption.DX NetOps Spectrum-UIM Bidirectional ManagementThe integration is enabled.After the integration is enabled, the alarms are synced from UIM to Spectrum.
- In the Alarms table, right-click a column heading to open the Table Preferences dialog.
- Select the custom attributes that you want to display.The selected custom attributes are added to the Alarms Table. The custom attributes are updated in the Alarms Table for the latest updates.
The Alarm Details tab also displays the custom attributes and description that is synced from UIM. The Alam Details tab will not be updated for the latest updates. You can see the latest updates only in the Alarm Table.
Disable the Bidirectional Integration
You can disable the
DX NetOps Spectrumand CA UIM bidirectional integration from the OneClick Administration page.
Follow these steps:
- Open the OneClick Administration page.The OneClick Administration page opens.
- Navigate toAdministrationtab >UIM Configurationlink in the left panel.The UIM Configuration window opens.
- Clear theoption.DX NetOps Spectrum-UIM Bidirectional ManagementThe following dialog appears.
- To confirm, click Ok.DX NetOps Spectrum-UIM Bidirectional integration is disabled successfully.
Symptom:EventModel not created on dedicated SpectroSERVER when any SpectroSERVER within the DSS setup is down
Scenario:When an alarm is raised on a device that is modeled in a SpectroSERVER that is not integrated into UIM, and the device is present in the Global collection and if the SpectroSERVER holding the device goes down, the EventModel is not created on that SpectroSERVER.
Resolution:You need to manually restart the SpectroSERVER which has the EventAdmin modeled.
Symptom:Source attribute is Empty or Null for alarms generated from IP Services related logical models.
Resolution:You need to clear alarms with Source attribute Empty or Null manually, in
DX NetOps Spectrumor in CA UIM to maintain consistency across both
DX NetOps Spectrumand CA UIM applications.
For more known issues and troubleshooting tips for the integration using the gateway probe, see spectrumgtw Troubleshooting and Known Issues.