Schedule Virtualization Sync
This integration supports Virtualization sync. When the
DX NetOps Spectrumand CA UIM integration is enabled, synchronization happens automatically at the scheduled time interval displayed in the OneClick view. Additions, deletions and modifications of VMWare entities in CA UIM are reflected in
DX NetOps Spectrumafter the Virtualization sync. You can schedule the Virtualization sync at regular intervals through the OneClick view.
Follow these steps:
- Open theDX NetOps SpectrumOneClick console.
- SelectUIM Managerfrom the Navigation panel on any landscape.TheContentspane for UIM Manager opens.
- Click theInformationtab and expandConfiguration.
- ExpandUIM Virtualization Sync Configuration.Information on Virtualization sync is displayed.The following image displays the option to schedule Virtualization sync:
- Clicksetto schedule Virtualization sync.The Time interval window opens.
- Specify the time interval and clickOK.Default:300 minutes.Minimum:60 minutes.You can confirm whether the Virtualization sync is complete, based onSync Statusvalue.
Delete Unreported Entities
Delete Unreported Entitiesbutton, allows you to delete entities/models that are no longer reported as part of virtualization integration.
The entities/ models that were previously reported only as part of virtualization integration will be placed in the Unreported Entities/ Models container, if they are no longer reported. (These entities/ models were auto-deleted previously. You will now have to manually delete these entities using the Delete Unreported Entities button.)
- ClickDelete.A relevant confirmation dialog appears.
- SelectYesto delete the entities/models from this container across landscapes.An appropriate confirmation message is displayed.
Reconciling CA UIM virtual entity data with existing
DX NetOps Spectrummodels
During virtualization synchronization, when a new CA UIM virtual entity is reported to
DX NetOps Spectrumfrom CA UIM,
DX NetOps Spectrumwill perform a search to identify if this virtual entity was modeled during
DX NetOps Spectrumdiscovery and modeling. If such an existing model is found,
DX NetOps Spectrumwill reconcile the CA UIM entity information with the existing model, instead of creating a new model.
This search is limited to the SpectroSERVER in which the parent VCenter UIM entity was destined to be modeled. In cases where an existing model is not found and reconciliation is not performed,
DX NetOps Spectrumwill model the virtual entity in the SpectroSERVER specified in the
OneClick Admin Configuration>
DX NetOps Spectrumuses the IP Address reported by the entity to perform this search. If the IP Address is not reported, the search is performed using the reported MAC address.
If neither (IP or MAC Address) are reported,
DX NetOps Spectrumwill not be able to reconcile that entity even if the entity is discovered and modeled in
DX NetOps Spectrum.