Extension Integration (SEI) Developer Reference
The sp Extension Integration Developer Toolkit (SEI Toolkit) lets you organize and package sp extension modules for installation and integration into other sp hosts. An extension module is any set of software that extends the capabilities of the sp product. There are three basic types of extension modules:
DX NetOps SpectrumExtension Integration Developer Toolkit (SEI Toolkit)
DX NetOps SpectrumExtension Integration Developer Toolkit (SEI Toolkit) lets you organize and package
DX NetOps Spectrumextension modules for installation and integration into other
DX NetOps Spectrumhosts. An
extension moduleis any set of software that extends the capabilities of the
DX NetOps Spectrumproduct. There are three basic types of extension modules:
- Core ComponentsProvide standardDX NetOps Spectrumfunctionality. CA is the exclusive developer of core components.
- Management ModulesExtendDX NetOps Spectrumto manage various network devices. Although CA provides management modules for a large number of common network devices, it cannot possibly provide management modules for all of the new network devices that appear on the market almost daily. For this reason,DX NetOps Spectrumvalue-added resellers (VARs) and device hardware manufacturers often develop and sell management modules that provideDX NetOps Spectrummanagement for network devices not included in CA’s standard management module suite.
- External ApplicationsWork in conjunction withDX NetOps Spectrumto enhance its usability. Though it is possible for you to develop externalDX NetOps Spectrumapplications, it is rarely done.
This section focuses primarily on the applications of the SEI Toolkit in the development of management modules. The SEI Toolkit is a Level 1 toolkit and a part of a suite of developer toolkits provided by CA to facilitate the development and distribution of
DX NetOps Spectrummanagement modules. In the context of management module development, you can use the SEI Toolkit to do the following:
- Test the packaging and installation of newly developed management modules.
- Propagate management modules from oneDX NetOps Spectrumhost to others.
- Package management modules for installation on outsideDX NetOps Spectrumhosts. For example, you develop management modules for new network devices, and then you use the SEI toolkit to package these management modules for sale and distribution to your customers. The customers can then install the packaged management modules onto existingDX NetOps Spectrumhosts to allowDX NetOps Spectrumto manage the new network devices.
CA does not certify or support management modules unless they are distributed using the SEI Toolkit.