Integration with CABI JasperReports Server for Unified Dashboards and Reporting
Instructions for 10.3 (or later)
After installing the JasperReports Server and Spectrum Report Manager (SRM), you need to enable the integration between JasperReports Server and SRM.
DX NetOps Spectrumand CABI JasperReports Server Integration
The Jasper Integration page in the
DX NetOps SpectrumOneClick administration page allows you to enter the required parameters and enable the integration between
DX NetOps Spectrumand CABI JasperReports Server.
Prerequisites for the Integration
Prior to integrating SRM with CABI JasperReports Server, you must download and install the 'Integration Components' on your CABI JasperReports Server. The 'Integration Components' lays down the
DX NetOps Spectrumspecific content in CABI JasperReports Server and helps to successfully enable the integration. If you do not install the integration components, the integration may not work properly.
Installing the Integration Components
Follow these steps to install and configure the Integration Components on CABI JasperReports Server:
- Launch theDX NetOps SpectrumOneClick web console and click the Administration tab.
- Click the Report Manager link.
- Select the Jasper Integration option from the Report Manager Admin Tools.The Jasper Integration page appears.
- Click the 'Integration Components' link on the Jasper Integration page.The spectrumConfigInstaller.jar file is downloaded to the Downloads folder in your computer.If the JasperReports server is on a Linux computer and it does not support GUI, then download the spectrumConfigInstaller.jar from a Windows computer as mentioned in Step 4. Place the downloaded spectrumConfigInstaller.jar file on the Jasper Linux computer and proceed with the following steps.
- Using the command prompt, run the following command:<CABI Install folder path>\java\bin\java -jar <spectrumConfigInstaller.jar file path>\spectrumConfigInstaller.jar -installExample: <CABI Install folder path>\java\bin\java -jar C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\spectrumConfigInstaller.jar -installEnter the CABI Apache-Tomcat Home Location:Example: C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcatEnter the CABI Webapp Name (Default: jasperserver-pro):Ex: jasperserver-proThe setup progress takes some time. During this process, the following files are deployed at jasperTomcat on the JasperReports Server:/webapps/jasperserver-pro/optimized-scripts/bower_components/jrs-ui/src/reportViewer/reportViewerMain.js/webapps/SpectrumProxy.war/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/applicationContext-WebServiceDataSource.xml/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/bundles/webserviceds.properties/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/customDatasource_WebService_JRS_wrapper.jar/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/fluent-hc-4.2.1.jar/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/WebServiceDataAdapter.jar/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/bundles/DashboardBundle.properties/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib/spectrum_utils.jarAfter the pre-Installation process is complete, restart the Jasper tomcat server to complete the configuration.
Once Jasper server is up and running click on Re-deploy from the Jasper Integration page.
Uninstalling the Integration Components
Follow these steps to uninstall the Integration Components on CABI JasperReports Server:
- Uninstall the changes in Jasper Server, using the following command:<CABI Install folder path>\java\bin\java -jar <spectrumConfigInstaller.jar file path>\spectrumConfigInstaller.jar -uninstall
- Provide the information for prompted input fields for CABI such as Server Host name, Tomcat Protocol (http/https), Tomcat Port Number, Tomcat Server Location, Jasper Server Webapp Name and user password.After the successful uninstallation, the 'Done' message appears. You cannot see anyDX NetOps Spectrumcontent (such as Dashboards, Reports, Repository etc.) in the CABI JasperReports Server.Following is an example to uninstall the 'Integration Components':C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\CA Business Intelligence\java\bin\java -jar C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\spectrumConfigInstaller.jar -uninstallAre you sure you want to uninstall the spectrum content (y/n)?yCA Business Intelligence Server Hostname:<host name>CABI Tomcat Protocol (http/https):httpCABI Tomcat Port Number:8080CABI Tomcat Server Location:C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\CA Business Intelligence2\apache-tomcatJasper Server Webapp Name (default: jasperserver-pro):jasperser-proCABI Superuser Password: <Superuser password>DoneAfter uninstalling the Integration Components, the integration betweenDX NetOps Spectrumand CABI JasperReports Server will not work. If you want to enable the integration, you must install the Integration Components again.
CABI JasperReports Server Integration
To enable integration between
DX NetOps Spectrumand JasperReports Server, provide the Jasper Server connection details on the integration page.
Before proceeding with the integration, ensure that you have installed the 'Integration Components' on your CABI JasperReports Server. If you do not install the integration components, the integration may not work properly. For more information, see the 'Prerequisites for the Integration' section.
Follow these steps:
- Open the OneClick Administration page.
- Click the Report Manager tab.
- Select the Jasper Integration option from the Report Manager Admin Tools.
- Specify the parameters that are used to communicate with the JasperReports server:
- Jasper Server Host name
- Specify the host name of your CABI JasperReports Server instance if it is not the same server asDX NetOps SpectrumTomcat.
- Jasper Tomcat PortSpecify the port where Jasper Tomcat is running. The default port value is 8080.If the Jasper and OneClick are on the same server, the Tomcat port cannot be the same port thatDX NetOps SpectrumTomcat uses.
- JasperServer Webapp NameSpecify the Jasper server webapp name that is given during installation of Jasper server. Default is 'jasperserver-pro'.
- Jasper Admin User
- Specify the Jasper Admin User ID.The default User ID is 'superuser'.
- Jasper Admin PasswordEnter the password for the Admin User ID in Jasper. The default password is 'superuser'.
- Jasper IntegrationSelect the Enable radio button.If Disable is selected and saved,DX NetOps SpectrumTomcat no longer integrates with CABI Jasper instance.
- Enable SSOSelect this check box to enable single sign-on solution(SSO) from JasperReports Server, which establishes session between the Spectrum Report Manager and Jasper console. If you enable the SSO, you can open Jasper console session from a OneClick web console without providing any login credentials.The Single Sign-On solution does not work when you enable the option Use SSL with Jasper Server.
- Use SSL with Jasper ServerSelect this check box to integrate with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) enabled JasperReports Server.To know more about Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and how to enable it on JasperReports Server, see Using SSL in the Web Server. (Supported only when the JasperReports Server runs on Windows 2012)
- Click Save to enable the integration.
- On the OneClick home page, click 'Jasper Console' to launch the JasperReports Server.This process can take some time. During this process, all the Spectrum Report Manager report content is exported from the OneClick server into CABI JasperReports Server. Therefore, do not cancel or navigate away from this page until you get a success message.
After you configure the integration, the Spectrum Report Manager report content is installed and can connect to the CABI JasperReports Server reporting database. The menubar 'JasperConsole' link now launches the CABI JasperReports Server web applications on the CABI instance that you specified.
If you disable the integration, reporting and report administration capabilities are disabled. However, disabling the integration does not cause Spectrum Report Manager to stop collecting and managing data from the monitored SpectroSERVERs.
After successful integration, you can see the following
DX NetOps Spectrumorganization and default users in Jasper:
Re-deploy the reports to repair the existing report or to update to a newer version. After upgrading to a new version of
DX NetOps Spectrum, click the Re-deploy button to sync up the Jasper reports with
DX NetOps Spectrumupgrade fixes, enhancements, and new reports.