Integration with CABI JasperReports Server
After installing the JasperReports Server, you need to configure the integration between JasperReports Server and DX Spectrum Report Manager. To enable this integration, provide the Jasper Server connection details on the integration page.
This section describes the steps to integrate
DX NetOps Spectrumwith CABI Jasper server.
After installing the JasperReports Server, you need to configure the integration between JasperReports Server and
DX NetOps SpectrumReport Manager. To enable this integration, provide the Jasper Server connection details on the integration page.
If you are using a JasperReports server that comes with a CA product other than
DX NetOps Spectrum, then do the following before the integration:
Copy the SpectrumProxy.war file from the location $SPECROOT\Spectrum\Install-Tools\SRM-Tools\jasper\ to Japserserver\tomcat\webapps folder. Restart the Jasper Tomcat Server.
Follow these steps:
- Open the OneClick Administration page.
- Click the Report Manager tab.
- Select the Jasper Integration option from the Report Manager Admin Tools.
- Download and install the 'Integration Components'. For installation instructions, see the Installing Integration Components section.Information!The 'Integration Components' is a JAR file, which consists of the necessary binaries to integrate the JasperReports Server withDX NetOps Spectrumand run reports. Installing the 'Integration Components' will deploy the binaries on the Jasper Server and helps you to generate reports.
- Specify the parameters that are used to communicate with the JasperReports server:
- Jasper Server Host name
- Specify the host name of your CABI JasperReports Server instance if it is not the same server asDX NetOps SpectrumTomcat.
- Jasper Tomcat PortSpecify the port where Jasper Tomcat is running. The default port value is 8080.The Tomcat port cannot be the same port thatDX NetOps SpectrumTomcat uses if Jasper and OneClick are on the same server.
- JasperServer Webapp NameSpecify the Jasper server webapp name that is given during the installation of Jasper server. Default is 'jasperserver-pro'.
- Jasper Admin User
- Specify the Jasper Admin User ID.The default User ID is 'superuser'.
- Jasper Admin PasswordEnter the password for the Admin User ID in Jasper. The default password is 'superuser'.
- Jasper IntegrationSelect the Enable radio button.If Disable is selected and saved,DX NetOps SpectrumTomcat no longer integrates with CABI Jasper instance.
- Enable SSOSelect this checkbox to enable single sign-on solution(SSO) from JasperReports Server, which establishes a session between theDX NetOps SpectrumReport Manager and Jasper console. If you enable the SSO, you can open Jasper console session from a OneClick web console without providing any login credentials.
- Use SSL with Jasper ServerSelect this checkbox to integrate with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) enabled JasperReports Server. To know more about Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and how to enable it on JasperReports Server, see Using SSL in the Web Server. (Supported only when the JasperReports Server runs on Windows 2012).SSL and Single Sign-On can both be enabled with the JasperReports Server integration.
- Click Save to enable the integration and refresh the page.
- On the OneClick home page, click 'Jasper Console' to launch the JasperReports Server.This process can take some time. During this process, all theDX NetOps SpectrumReport Manager report content is exported from the OneClick server into CABI JasperReports Server. Therefore, do not cancel or navigate away from this page until you get a success message.
After you configure the integration, the
DX NetOps SpectrumReport Manager report content is installed and can connect to the CABI JasperReports Server reporting database. The menubar 'JasperConsole' link now launches the CABI JasperReports Server web applications on the CABI instance that you specified.
If you disable the integration, reporting and report administration capabilities are disabled. However, disabling the integration does not cause
DX NetOps SpectrumReport Manager to stop collecting and managing data from the monitored SpectroSERVERs.
After successful integration, you can see the following
DX NetOps Spectrumorganization and default users in Jasper:
Re-deploy the reports to repair the existing report or to update to a newer version. After upgrading to a new version of
DX NetOps Spectrum, click the Re-deploy button to sync up the Jasper reports with
DX NetOps Spectrumupgrade fixes, enhancements, and new reports.
Features not supported in this release
Limited set of reports and custom reporting capabilities are supported in this release.
Import MySQL 8 Connector to Jasper
From 10.4.2, you can import the MySQL 8 server connector which is used as to Jasper server to run the Jasper reports. The MySQL 8 connector is used as the reporting database server.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to Jasper Console using admin credentials or with superuser account in OneClick SRM server.
- Navigate to the Folder root, Public-, ca, Spectrum, datasources.
- Right-clickspectrum_dsand selectedit.
- Click on the Select Driver, Choose File.
- Select themysql-connector-java.jarpresent in $SPECROOT/tomcat/lib in Spectrum installation
- Once the driver is imported, under the “JDBC Driver” select “MySQL (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)” from the dropdown list.
- Enterreportingas the value in theDatabase (required)field.
- Enterjdbc:mysql://<SRM_Hostname>:3306/reporting?tinyInt1isBit=false, in theURL (required)field.Where SRM Hostname is the hostname of OneClick Server where the SRM server is installed and used for Jasper Integration.
- Click on Test Connection, to ensure that the connection is successful.
- Save the changes.
- Right-clickspectrum_domain_dsand selectedit
- SelectMySQL (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)in theJDBC Driverdropdown list.
- Entersrmdbapi, in theDatabase (required)field.
- Enterjdbc:mysql://<SRM Hostname>:3306/srmdbapi?tinyInt1isBit=false, in theURL (required)field.Where SRM Hostname is the hostname of OneClick Server where the SRM server is installed and used for Jasper Integration.
- Click on Test Connection, to ensure the connection is successful.
- Save the changes.