Schedule Maintenance Mode
Schedule Maintenance Mode
You can schedule when a device enters maintenance mode by applying a maintenance schedule. You can apply an existing schedule or can create a maintenance mode schedule.
See OneClick Schedules for information about how OneClick and CA Spectrum apply schedules across time zones in DSS environments.
Follow these steps:
- Select the device for which you want to set up a maintenance mode schedule.
- Click the Information tab.
- Expand the General Information subview if necessary, locate 'In Maintenance', and click Schedule.The Add/Remove Schedules dialog opens. Any maintenance schedules applied to the device appear in the Current Schedules column.You can also open the Add/Remove Schedules dialog by clicking Tools, Utilities, Schedule Maintenance.
- Dooneof the following:
- To apply an existing schedule to the device, select the schedule from the Available Schedules column, and click the left arrow button to move it to the Current Schedules column.A device can have more than one schedule that is applied to it.
- To remove an existing schedule from the device, select the schedule from the Current Schedules column and click the right arrow button to move it to the Available Schedules column.
- To create a new schedule, click Create; the Create Schedule dialog opens. Configure a schedule by selecting a Start Date, a Start Time, and either an End Time or Duration. Select the Recurrence factor.You can create a one-time maintenance mode window by leaving the Recurrence set to None. Enter a Description that adequately identifies the schedule you are creating.
- Click OK.The new schedule appears in the Available Schedules column in the Add/Remove Schedules dialog.
- Click OK.The maintenance mode scheduling changes are applied to the device.
Maintenance Mode Schedule Synchronization
From CA Spectrum 10.2.3, the Maintenance Mode schedules on devices from CA Spectrum will be synchronized to CA UIM and from CA UIM to CA Spectrum, using the integration via spectrumgtw probe v8.65.
After you create a schedule on a device on either CA Spectrum and CA UIM), the schedules will get synchronized (bidirectional) after the next inventory sync that spectrumgtw performs.
The Maintenance Mode schedules will get synchronized from CA Spectrum to CA UIM only for the devices that are part of the Global Collection in CA Spectrum. However, for devices synced from CA UIM to CA Spectrum, maintenance schedules will be synchronized irrespective of whether the devices are placed in the Global Collection or not. The sync interval is 30 minutes. Any updates, creation or deletion of schedules are synchronized either if the spectrumgtw probe is restarted or after the sync interval.
- CA Spectrum will synchronize or create CA UIM schedules, only if a minimum of one associated model exists in the UIM schedule.
- Maintenance schedules without any devices will not be synchronized.
- CA UIM does not support Yearly schedules, consequently yearly maintenance schedules existing in CA Spectrum will not be synchronized.
- If you manually place a device in maintenance in CA Spectrum, the device state is not synchronized to CA UIM. The synchronizations only applies to a device which enters maintenance mode by applying a schedule.
Synchronization for different time zones
If CA Spectrum is in Daylight Saving time zone and CA UIM is in non-Daylight Saving time zone or vice versa then the Maintenance Mode Schedule Synchronization is not supported.
The following table explains the supported/not-supported scenarios:
CA Spectrum (SpectroSERVER)