Change the Model Type for a Single Device Type
Changing the Model Type for a Single Device Type
You can use the NewMM.pl post-installation script to change the model type for a single device type automatically. This script preserves many key attributes, relationships, and other elements.
This procedure changes the model type for all models that have the same specified system Object ID and the same specified starting model type.
Do not perform this procedure until you modify the model type mapping for the device type in the Device Certification utility. If you do not perform this procedure with the Device Certification utility, your changes cannot be communicated to the
SpectroSERVERdatabase, causing unexpected alarms. For information about using the Device Certification utility, see the
Follow these steps:
- Verify that theSpectroSERVERis running.
- Run the following command from the$SPECROOT/Install-Tools/PostInstall/ directory:NewMM.pl -mOn Windows, all necessary scripts must be run from a bash shell. They do not run as expected from a DOS command prompt.
- Enter the host name or IP of the VNM and press Enter.
- Enter theSpectroSERVERlandscape handle when prompted, and press Enter.
- Enter the system Object ID of the model when prompted, and press Enter.
- Enter the current model type of the model when prompted, and press Enter.
- Enter the model type that you want to change to when prompted, and press Enter.The model type is changed.The log file, NewMM_Log_DATE, is created in the$SPECROOT/Install-Tools/PostInstall/ directory.
- To confirm the model type conversion, verify the following log file:NewMM_Log_DATEModel type for a single device type is modified.