Troubleshooting CA UIM and CA Spectrum Integration
Alarm Forwarding Not Working for CA UIM
On a Distributed
SpectroSERVER(DSS) setup, when the CA UIM managed hosts are modeled in Spectrum on landscapes other than Main Location Server (MLS), the CA UIM alarms that are raised on hosts may not get forwarded to the host models in non-MLS landscapes.
To fix this issue, create the EventAdmin models manually for CA UIM Integration on all the landscapes in DSS when the integration is enabled. Review the following scenarios before creating the EventAdmin model manually:
For fresh integration or if the CA UIM models (existing models or CA UIM host models) are on landscapes other than MLS, create the EventAdmin models manually on other landscapes so that the alarms are forwarded to hosts.
Use the default options while creating the EventAdmin model and do not enable the Alert_Forwarding_Enabled attribute.
Follow these steps:
- To launch the OneClick Console, select Start Console at the top of the OneClick page, and log in as a administrator.
- Select theSpectroSERVERand Universe on the Explorer tab of the OneClick Navigation panel.
- Select the Topology tab on the Contents panel and click the Create a New Model by Type icon.The Select Model Type dialog appears.
- Click the All Model Types tab.
- Select EventAdmin and click OK.The Create Model of Type dialog appears.
- Enter the name and IP address of the CA UIM server and click OK.The CA UIM server is added to the topology as the selected model type. For more information about creating a model in OneClick, see the Modeling and Managing Your IT Infrastructuresection.
If CA UIM Integration is enabled through the Southbound Gateway and an EventAdmin model already exists on a landscape, the attribute SBG_AlertForwardingEnabled must be enabled for the existing EventAdmin. The EventAdmin models must be created manually on other landscapes.
Follow these steps:
- To create an EventAdmin model manually, follow the instructions that are documented for Scenario 1.
- To enable the SBG_AlertForwardingEnabled attribute, select the EventAdmin in the OneClick Topology.
- Select the Attributes tab in the Component Detail panel.
- Select SBG_AlertForwardingEnabled in the left window of the Attributes panel.The attribute is added to the right window of the Attributes panel.
- Double-click SBG_AlertForwardingEnabled in the right window, and select Yes. Click OK.The SBG_AlertForwardingEnabled attribute is enabled.
You must delete EventAdmin and the associated event models when the integration is disabled.
Unnecessary minor alarms are noticed on VMware models
You may notice unnecessary minor alarms on VMware models
To fix this issue, configure the SNMP gateway probe to avoid unnecessary minor alarms. For more information, see Deploy and Configure Probes in CA UIM documentation.
If CA Spectrum and CA Unified Infrastructure Management Integration is disabled on second SpectroSERVER, you may notice Stale Nimsoft models on primary SpectroSERVER.
Stale Nimsoft Models on Primary SpectroSERVER
If CA Spectrum and CA UIM Integration is disabled on second SpectroSERVER, you may notice Stale Nimsoft models on primary SpectroSERVER.
To fix this issue, you can delete the VMs and the rest of the entities in <oc>. For deleting the entities, take the following steps:
- In the <oc> console, select the corresponding model, click the attribute tab, and search “EditModelMask”.
- Change the value of “EditModelMask” from 255 to 0 and click save.
- Right-click that entity and select the delete option.