Troubleshooting the Web Services API Issues
If you are experiencing problems when using the Web Services API, check the following:
- Is the URL constructed correctly?
- Is the correct verb used with the noun?
- Is the Request XML for GET Tunneling constructed correctly?
- Have the proper credentials been entered?
- Has the "accept" header and "Content-type" been set correctly for XML or JSON?
- Do any Web Services API errors appear in the tomcat log?
"Next" Link Does not Work
The "next" link that was generated in a response does not work correctly when I try to retrieve the next throttled set of results.
The format of the parameters within the generated link may vary depending on your environment. For example, "&" may be generated as "&" This is due to differences between XML, HTTP, and JSON formatting standards. Notice the difference in the prefixes for the start and throttlesize parameters in the following URLs:
To correct, change '&' to '&' in your URL.
This applies to XML only (not JSON).